WAY P.O.ed at "Field and Stream" Magazine - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default WAY P.O.ed at "Field and Stream" Magazine

I had to do a double-take when I opened the Dec./Jan. issue of "Field and Stream" to their article on venison recipes entitled "America's Meat" (pg 86). Underneath the title, they have a picture of a used table napkin with food/mouth stains all over it. The napkin is an American flag!!!!!! I can't tell you how pissed-off I am about this. What the hell were they thinking!!!! With hundreds of thousands of service men and women putting their lives on the line every day to save that flag and everything it represents, these idiots decide it's OK to use a flag as a napkin??!! I believe they owe an apology to every one of those American heroes as well as all us sportsmen and women and the American people as well. Until they apologize, I'm never buying one of their magazines again. I intend to send them this same message. I urge every one of you to do the same. Let's show these bums that the American flag is not considered a table napkin by us and show them how we feel about their using it as such. DON'T BUY "Field and Stream". Please send this to all your sportsman friends. Write to FIELD abd STREAM, Cheers and Jeers, 2 Park Ave., New York, NY 10016; or email: FSletters@bonniercorp.com

Last edited by onehorse; 12-03-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
ronn

how! i won't figured f and s would do anything like that or had more for thought.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM

You can bet They'll be hearing from me tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM

A Flag?? Thats amazing. I have never even seen a Flag napkin before. Only the ones that would have the colors of red, white, and blue but never a flag. Thats gotta be sac relgious or something.

A napkin is used to wipe away waste. Same as toilet paper. Would F & S support that? You wouldn't thank so. Someone somewhere dropped the ball on this. There is no way they were using their head on this one. Watch the classifieds. There will be f&s final editor looking for a job.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Did some looking on google.. They do make the T.P. Its famous in the same countrys that keep producing terrorist.

Also found this. This is a quote from enwikpedia on what flag descration could be.

Toilet paper, napkins, doormats, and other such items may also be manufactured bearing the image of the flag, so that the flag's image will be destroyed or dirtied in the course of everyday activities.

Flag desecration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
B&C 160 Class

i dont know. id have to see the picture. if i showed up at a buddys house for a 4th of july party and all his stuff was dect out in Amarican flag stuff, as many of these partys are. and the "napkins" were collored like the Amarican flag i would not wipe my mouth on my sleeve. but if i showed up and insted of having nipkins the were actual small flags, he would be in for a fight wether he wanted it or not.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:31 AM
B&C 140 Class

To huntNH, this was NOT just red,white and blue paper. It was an American flag napkin. You have an interesting point about showing up at a friends on the 4th, and I probably wouldn't be upset if they had just used red, white and blue colored napkins, as the title of the article is "America's Meat". I just think to use the flag itself, and to show it soiled by waste is very disrespectful. Of course, in this country you are perfectly free to disagree with that, and if you do, maybe you might also be interested in American flag toilet paper. I mean, where does it stop?

Last edited by onehorse; 12-04-2009 at 07:33 AM.