WAY P.O.ed at "Field and Stream" Magazine - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default WAY P.O.ed at "Field and Stream" Magazine

I had to do a double-take when I opened the Dec./Jan. issue of "Field and Stream" to their article on venison recipes entitled "America's Meat" (pg 86). Underneath the title, they have a picture of a used table napkin with food/mouth stains all over it. The napkin is an American flag!!!!!! I can't tell you how pissed-off I am about this. What the hell were they thinking!!!! With hundreds of thousands of service men and women putting their lives on the line every day to save that flag and everything it represents, these idiots decide it's OK to use a flag as a napkin??!! I believe they owe an apology to every one of those American heroes as well as all us sportsmen and women and the American people as well. Until they apologize, I'm never buying one of their magazines again. I intend to send them this same message. I urge every one of you to do the same. Let's show these bums that the American flag is not considered a table napkin by us and show them how we feel about their using it as such. DON'T BUY "Field and Stream". Please send this to all your sportsman friends. Write to FIELD abd STREAM, Cheers and Jeers, 2 Park Ave., New York, NY 10016; or email: FSletters@bonniercorp.com

Last edited by onehorse; 12-03-2009 at 07:34 PM.