Deer Hunting Forums banner

Banned from the site?

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Why was jschulz banned from this site for selling his bow slingz?Did I miss something?

#2 ·
I dont know.. Ill look into it.. If he was selling products as a manufacturer than that would be a reason.. We get all kinds of at home start up companies that spam their products on online forums to try and build their business..

If he is just selling his bow sling that he doesnt use anymore than there would be no problem with that..

#3 ·
Checked it out and found the majority of his posts where made to sell his products. That is considered spam and is illegal to do so. Our classified section is for your everyday hunter that wants to get rid of extra or unwanted gear. Not for a start up company trying to make a sale and build a business. He is making a profit off of our site but in doing so is offering nothing to us or our membership in return.

If this gentlemen would have contacted us first before making his posts we could have worked out a very sweet deal for him and his products to give him maximum exposure at a very cheap rate.

For example donate a couple slings to be given away to our members in exchange for some ad space. That would have given him unlimited access to our sponsor forum to brag, sell, show off any sling he makes.

This site is ran by me. Customer service and all. If you have been around awhile you will know that this site making money is not what I am about. Just check out some of our past giveaways. Companies will donate items to us, we will distribute those items out to our members, and those companies will receive ad space in return.

myopticspro.com donated a nikon scope, another start up company sponsored our I'll take that Doe" contest with a nikon scope. Wildlife Research donates yearly to our Christmas Giveaway. I do not receive cash from Wildlife for doing that giveaway. They give me the products. We give to our members. I ship it to them.

Its as simple as this. We (the members of DeerHuntersClub.com) built this site that attracts well over 300,000 people a year. How stupid would we be to just let any person in America come in and benefit from our business without first offering our membership something in return. I am not saying "Hey you need to pay me" Im saying "Hey, we built this site that attracts many customers to your product. With our time and money. If you want to benefit from us, make a donation to the cause."

Another example would be if he sent in a couple of his slings to be reviewed. Check out the Team DHC page we are building. If you see a couple guys on there that you would like to review your product send it to them. Let them write a review on it. You still get good exposure at a dirt cheap rate, AND THE MEMBERS OF DEERHUNTERSCLUB.COM benefit from the site that they use, they contribute too, that they call home.

I'm sure this guy is a great dude and makes a good product but business is business. You benefit from us, we benefit from you. Makes the world go round.

Thank you

Mark Freeman

DeerHuntersClub

#5 ·
A tidbit on why these big companies are now noticing DeerHuntersClub.com

This guy made a post on bow slings on the 15th.. In only 2 days google ranked us at #21 for the keyword "bow slings". Which is what people would want to rank for if they are selling these bow slings.

Google

If you type in his whole product name we are already #1 and 2. Chameleon Slingz Bow Slings - Google Search

Thats why sites like ours are able to sell advertising or exchange gifts for ad space. Search engines respect us.

Type in "scent elimination" in google and see what pops up. You would think one of the million of scent eliminaiton companies that are out there. Nope wrong answer. We are #1. And that sponsored ad above us. There is only one and that is a paid listing that will be coming down as soon as those guys get tired of paying money. scent elimination - Google Search

Keywords "scent elimination tips" same thing... #1. And people wonder why Wildlife Research gives us items for a Christmas giveaway? We give back.

I love this topic.. It cranks my tractor!!

And on another note.. We ain't selling! Im in it for the long haul. No matter what these bigger sites offer. Their worried. They are having to share their business. There is finally a site out there that actually tries to benefit everyday hunters. I dont promise giveaways that never happen. We are not building your mom and pops web site. We are building a company that is going to stick around awhile.

#6 ·
Due to all the above statements by BuckFever is why I am proud to be a member and help moderate this site. This is a fast moving club with great membership and leadership that knows where he is heading. I see nothing but a strong furure for the club. Congrats Mark on taking us to here and a continued success into the future. HM

#8 ·
Mark, I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner or I would have addressed it for you. I'm sure you have more to do than answer posts based no my actions.
Vermonts hunting season opened on saturday the 14th. So I've been a little busier than the norm But I would have explained it the same way,
I'd also like to add that the party that was Banned still has the option of contacting the club and be able to move his wares the proper way.

Happy Hunting All !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.