being prepared - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 PM
ronn

sure i'm willing to help. I'm here trying to help others and maybe learn a thing or 2 myself. I think you are on your way. it doesn't take much to get on the right path to being a good ethical hunter and that has nothing to do with the number of deer you kill. it does sometimes take a bonk in the noggin, sort a speak, to get some back on the right path.

As far as showing someone one on one, i may be able to help you. If you haven't noticed I have a real passion when it comes to hunting. I've tried to help other but their idea of hunting fell way short of mine and with an unwillingness to up their game, my help was short lived. seems they just wanted me to take them to where i hunt and claim it as their own. I tell everyone in my turkey seminar that if they need help with the birds on their property i'm willing to help them if the timing is right. I'm not one of those guys that then is in there hunting their spot. thats an ethics thing. If you need me or would like me to look over what you got in respects to where to hang a stand and the like i can give you what i think. I have little patients with some one that doesn't have their head on straight and isn't willing to give hunting the respect it deserves. I'm not saying your heads not in the right spot, i don't really know but it doesn't take much to figure out after a few visit looking over your woods.

there are basics we all build on and i think some of got the basics wrong or don't have them at all. those basics are what this whole thread is about. not so much reading sign and where to hang a stand or what i think a particular herd of deer are doing. its the respect, ethics, care of hunting and the animals we hunt. its conservation. its thinking about what and why we are out there, at a higher level than those that would end hunting.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
B&C 160 Class

i doubt you will be disapionted. im not looking for some one to show me a place to hang my stand. im looking to learn all the things to take into consideration, so i can find the best place to hang my stand every year. and things to look for to know whan i need to make an adjustment. so i can take that and pass it along to my son. i will take it verry seriously
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
ronn

huntnh send me your name and phone in a pm and i'll get back to you, call, after this weekend. this weekend is for me and my son unless he gets one tomorrow. if we get one down that will put me in big buck only mode so time is more freed up.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote