Up On The Roof - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM
B&C 120 Class

Angry Up On The Roof

Well fellas I am going to be working on a new floor starting Monday(rehabilitation) and I figured I would make the most of my week off of work and roof Mom's beach house. I use to roof houses many moons ago when I was like 18(I am 30 now). Well let me tell you boys that I don't miss it a bit in the world. I have been working 9-11hrs a day since Tuseday and I feel like I have been stomped on by a small army! All the while I see boats a plenty haulin in fish right in front of my face. PURE TORTURE!

This is a old picture of the view I have. Just picture bright sunny skies and lots of boats in the water and you will have a good idea of my delima.

Anyway, I'm not sure if any of you have ever roofed a house before, I am sure some of you have, but is sure is a lot of work and not a one man job by any means. I still have a few days left on it before I finish but I am sure one ol gal will be happy when I am done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The View From The Beach House.JPG (104.7 KB, 13 views)
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 11:02 PM

Easy now bubba.. With all these old guys on here?? Now they gonna wanna know if your mom is single, if shes looking for a guy, etc etc.. Cuz with a view like that, and the fact she owns a beach house.. She would be a catch for some old geezer wanting to live the good life with a view.

Im 30 as well and married. But if I was single I would probably be asking those same questions. Just messing with you.

Ive done a couple roofs in my time. Im assuming your doing shingles since your talking about how much work it is. I just put metal on my house earlier this year and it was quite a bit less work than the 3 tab shingles I have put on before.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:14 PM
B&C 120 Class

LOL! Yeah I don't think mom is on the hunt for a man. Yeah 3 tab shingles it is. I've got to go back and finish up the job in a few weeks before it gets to cold.

It is good to be off of that darn roof!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 06:50 PM
ronn

thats why they make 20 year old roof monkeys. when i was 20, 25 years ago, I'd throw 2 bundles on my shoulder and up the ladders I'd go. (no wonder my back is a mess) now i sub it out to the aforementioned monkeys. if i do any now its a half a bundle at a time.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:04 PM
B&C 160 Class

man and i thought i had it bad. i just sheet rockin my parents house. i feel for ya man. sounds like you need a beer.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
B&C 120 Class

LOL Ronn!

Yup had a few last night while watching UFC 104. Good beer.....bad main event.