Deer Hunting Forums banner

911 Tribute

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
We must never Forget!
God Bless all those who served and are serving our Country Proudly...

Written and performed by Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all the things were gone
I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again
with just my children and my wife,
I'd thank my lucky stars
to be living here today,
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
and they can't take that away.

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota
to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas
from sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston
and New York to L.A.,
There's pride in every American heart
and it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

See less See more
#2 ·
We all need to make sure we do not forget those who died eight years ago today and those who serve and those who died to prolong our freedom. This country and our freedom did not come cheap and easy and we will not continue to have these freedoms if we become complacent. With a prayer and hope I say, God bless the USA.

#3 ·
being from NYC im always depressed on this day.I can still smell that smell coming from ground zero in my head.the rain all day doesnt help the blues either:sad:

#4 ·
Great post Bruce and Joel I don't think that anybody can relate to your experiences with that terrible day and it is good that you are able to be here with us. My wife made a post on Facebook in regards to the 911 and it was like a chain letter or something in which everybody comments on what they were doing at the exact time that day and 30+ people responded and everybody never forgot that day in history and accounted for every minute of that day as well.

#8 ·
My heart is out for all who died that day & continue to die so the rest of us can have our freedom I also am originally a New Yorker even though some don't think long islanders are really new yorkers I cant count how many times I have been to the towers My cousin worked in the towers but thank the good lord she had business a few blocks away that day. being a firefighter for 21 years a special heart felt goes out to the FDNY, NYPD, NY EMS, NY Port authority & all the other volunteers who went into those towers to save lives. these guys & gals ARE true hero's!!!! They had to have that feeling this could be their last day but still went in & I am proud to call them my brothers & sisters It truly takes a special breed & I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!!! GOD BLESS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.