Has Anyone Ever Had A Fishing Trip Like This.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 AM
B&C 100 Class

Angry Has Anyone Ever Had A Fishing Trip Like This....

Well I had so much fun catchin those cats the other night that me and my mother decided to head to the coast to do some salt water fishing this weekend. We took the 19ft sea pro and headed out.

Well I knew the trip was off to a bad start when I almost lost a support tire off of the trailer when putting the boat in. It was floating on top of the water and I had to fish it back out(little did I know that would be about the only thing I would be fishing out of the water this day). The boat area had no parking spots (figures) so my mother drove the truck and trailer back to the house while I drove the boat to the dock to pick her up. We were under the EI bridge trying to catch some sheepheads when all of a sudden the tilt and trim on the motor just started going crazy. The boat wasn't even cranked up and the motor kept going up and down by itself. It finally raised all the way up and made a loud screeching noise and started smoking. So we unplugged the battery cables and kept on fishing for a while. ONLY CAUGHT ONE FISH THE WHOLE DAY!!! Mom caught that one and I stuck out so we headed in only to find that the motor was now stuck in a midway position. We looked like idiots popping a wheelie the whole way back to the dock. LOL Then to top it all off I ran over one of the PVC poles on the boat lift.....but wait it even gets better. As I was putting the boat up in the air ONE OF THE DARN CABLES BROKE. Can you believe it? We had to take the boat out of the water since the lift was no good and there was too much wake from other boats to dock it off.

At the end of the day I just told mom, "well we may not have been hell on the fish today....but we sure were hell on the equipment".
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM

That sucks.. I bet your mom was laughing at ya. It is nice to see that junk like this happens to other folks besides myself.

This post really didnt help you none did it??
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
B&C 140 Class

I see people having days like that everytime I go out on the Potomac. Most of the time right on the boat ramp as I'm trying to put in or take out my boat.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:16 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
This post really didnt help you none did it??
Well this post was a lot like having a therapist, only cheaper. LOL It was nice to vent to yall a bit.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
B&C 100 Class

Sounds like my yearly fishing trip everytime I go stuff like that happens so I don't go anymore till next year I'm not much on fishing any.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM

Like I said before "it's alright to vent a little bit every now and then". But days like that one you had make you appreciate those great days that come around. Or you could fish like me and sit on a log jam all day with a hook and worm LOL
Old 08-31-2009, 06:39 PM
B&C 160 Class

Talking

At least you caught one...
Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbert View Post
At least you caught one...
HOLD ON DELBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get him feeling to good. That was his partner that caught the fish.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
B&C 100 Class

Dang buckfever. I was hopin no one else was going to catch on to that. I was just going to let that one slide. Oh well at least you will keep delbert on his toes. Just when I was feeling a little better too.