Deer Hunting Forums banner

out of state hunts

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
G
#1 · (Edited)
anyone got any out of state hunts planned? I got my pa license and will be there the middle of oct. other than that its just hopefullies. hopefully md, hopefully va. If this economy settles down and there are things I can count on I will be heading to Montana, its a goal that i will reach. not this year obviously

#2 ·
I'm planning on hopefully being able to go to Ohio an an hunt an visit with my father inlaw trying to find some public land or some one with some private land that they would be willing to let me hunt. Really not sure if Ohio WMA's are open to state season I have looked and can't find any information for sure. HM can you answer that for me.

#5 ·
Most of NW Ohio is not user friendly as farmers do not want to deal with hunters on their land. Ohio does have many public hunting areas with lots of deer and lots of hunters. I think archery hunters in Ohio could do well in the state forrest area with only moderate company. I don't have any secret areas in ohio to hunt but have hunted in the SE/NW. You can get permits for coal company owned lands that can be productive. I'll be hunting PA and maybe Michigan. I too would love to hunt Montana, and go after a monster Candian whitetail some day. I better hurry up though. I am scheduled for Colorado elk in 2010. Ronn, you'd be passing through Ohio heading to Montana right???:bye:

G
#6 ·
when I go I'm not sure how I'll get there. fly or drive. when we went to il we drove through ohio and saw lots of deer and some pretty good looking bucks. if I drive I'll stop and buy you a coffee. I do love to drive those road trips. I got a buddy from the columbus area and his dad knows every farmer cause he works for the state farmer helper something or other. Then there's Steve Gruber who hunts the suburbs of columbus. like I say knock on 100 doors if 10 say yes you got 10 properties to hunt. whats that place on the ohio river that has that 15" restriction? its public land. yellow something. bank maybe? or is that in KY?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.