Deer Hunting Forums banner

I want to give this away

6K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  HuntingGal&HuntingKid 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a new in the box with sheath Puma Pro Hunter Knife with stag handles that I want to give away to a young hunter.Please help me come up with a way to give it to a lucky hunter.It will have to be with the parents permission of course.Please,I need ideas.I could and or will donate it to the website for the same purpose if that makes it easier.

#5 ·
We can help with that.. Yall got any ideas on how you want to do it?

We can do a simple draw?? All folks that want to enter can respond to a post about the knife.. Then we/you just draw out a name.

A contest draw. Where a young sportsmen has to do something before he can be entered into the contest.

#6 ·
Aweful nice of you Tbighunter to donate that knife,,, It's a Beautiful tool for a new hunter just starting out.

I think it would be cool if we could have a "Youth hunters Trivia Contest" :w00t:,, The Mods/Admins/Techies,,, could submit 2 Questions each and after about a 2, 3 or 4 week sign-up we could let the highest scorer "WIN" OR ANY member could submit 1 question each and try it that way...

And of course all the Trivia Questions being submitted would have to be submitted to buckfever along with the submitters answers so there's no question at the end of the contest whether the answers were right or wrong...

Well that's just one quick thought that comes to mind...

Anyway Thanks again for the Contribution!!! :thumbup:

#7 ·
One or two Questions could be posted daily and the youth who responds the quickest with the "Right"answer would win the point for that Question and at the end of the contest the Youth with the most points would "WIN"

#9 ·
My post was just one quick idea of how we could offer the Knife.
Buckfever and tbighunter are the ones who should make the final decision as to how it will be offered.

#12 ·
I'm game for however the moderators want to handle it.I guess they will be the ones keeping score.I will even ship this knife to a moderator or ship it to the winner from my house.I just want to make sure the parents are in agreement with their child receiving a knife.I just can't think of a contest to give it away.I think trivia would be a very good idea.

#15 ·
We will do the $100 giveaway for deer taken by youth sportsmen anyway.. So im looking for something else for the knife..

I am wondering though.. Can you legally send a knife to a juvenile?? All knife sell sites that I have visited sell only to someone that can legally purchase..

#17 ·
Yeppers Buckfever, You'd need parental permission for the youths participation and Yes it would still have to be mailed to the parent.

#20 ·
I think I may have jumped the gun in not really thinking of the legal issues.So,I will still donate it to the website and you guys think of a way to give it to an adult,and if they have a child to give it to then maybe thats the way we need to go about this.Maybe biggest deer,best deer cam pic,something like that.

#21 ·
10-4.. How does this sound?

$100 giveaway to young sportsmen for uploading pic of deer they tagged for 09-10 season.. Same as what we do each year..

Then a (your)Knife/$25 cash combo for "Best trail cam pic".. Voted best by the members of dhc.. Each person can submit 1 pic into the contest gallery.. Contest last couple months.. At the end date we have a poll vote in the forums for best pic..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.