Anybody use Chantix drug??? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM

Default Anybody use Chantix drug???

I started chantix on Wed.. Anybody else done this to help them stop smoking/dipping? Side effects you had?

I can say this about being only on day 3. I can tell it works. The directions claim that you can dip for the first 7 days while on it all you want. I'm already down about 75% of what I normally dip.

Everyone around here told me about the vivid dreams you have while on it. I thought they was crazy but then I dreamed I went deep sea fishing with Oprah and Serena Williams. And the whole time we were avoiding the press and such cause they (O and S) were nuts about fishing.. Crazy.. I cant stand Oprah and I dont watch tennis..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 02:59 AM
B&C 100 Class

Hello buckfever. Being a nurse, from what little experience I have had with chantix in the past,(the docs usually prescribe nicotine patches of some variety or another) I haven't really noticed any alarming side effects among the patients I have cared for in the past. I did have a friend who tried it and she experienced some headaches and mild anxiety/irratability(all of which can be expected when one stops using tobacco products). She went from smoking one to two packs a day, to only one or two cigarettes a day. My girl has had her best sucess with the patch(she has been smoke free for six weeks now).

I think that if it is working for you and you aren't having any bad feelings while using it(racing heart ect), then you sir are on the right track.

Congratulations for not only making the decision to quit, but for also making the effort to make a life change. Stick with it and good luck.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
ronn

good for you. I hope it works. had a buddy that tried the patch but that just had him hooked on dipping and the patch.

is chantix an over the counter drug? patch? pill? what? I've dipped copenhagen for a long long long time and would like to quit. when i do try, i do well for a week or two getting down to 75% less useage but then something stresses me out and thats it.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM

My mom has smoked her entire life then last year she was prescribed a patch of some kind and has been smoke free since. Congrats on your success in quitting/cutting down. It's always a great thing to rid an unhealthy habit. I wish there was a patch for fast food and ice cream cause that is what I would need. Oh yeah, I always figured you for a tennis playing talk show lover Buck LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM

Someone in NY please knock TG out.. "Talk show lover"???

Ronn its been copehagen long cut for me for about 10 yrs now.. Can a day or a little more for the majority of that time.. Chantix is a pill. It has to be prescribed. Supposedly the pill attaches itself to the nicotine receptors in your brain therefore not giving you the relief from stress or whatever else it is that makes you want to dip. It also makes the dip taste nasty. Which is amazing to me. They claim the first month on it breaks the nicotine addiction and then 2 months after that breaks the habit. I know folks that quit the dip and the pill after 4 weeks that havent went back to the dip yet.

I had some co workers that have been dipping their whole life. 33 yrs for one of them. They got off of it with the help of the pill. I have tried the patch before with no luck.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
ronn

i hate going to the dr but if its a prescription.......may just have to go. 30 + years of cope snuff is long enough.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
B&C 160 Class

you guys would laff if i told you how i quit.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:27 PM
B&C 100 Class

How did you quit? I need a good laugh.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM
B&C 160 Class

i wanted a Harley, my wife sead if i wanted it some thing had to go. so i quit smoking that day and the following weekend i bought the bike.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 PM
B&C 100 Class

I want a 25-06 so if I quit smoking you think my wife will let me buy a new Browning