Anybody use Chantix drug??? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt NH View Post
i wanted a Harley, my wife sead if i wanted it some thing had to go. so i quit smoking that day and the following weekend i bought the bike.
i take it your not single now. grin
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Harley??? Surely you could have got something better than that!! J/K

Ronn I hate going to the doc as well.. Ive been putting it off for about a year now waiting to have to go to the doc for something else.. More doc work for 1 co-pay.. Yeah im cheap.. We have a doc that comes to where I work several days a week.. The other night I called up there to see if they could make me an appointment for when I got off.. They did.. Walked to the nurses station after I clocked out, seen the doc, 15 mins later Im leaving, without evening having to pay a copay.. Worked out great..
Old 08-02-2009, 01:45 AM
B&C 160 Class

quiting tobaco is one of the best choices you can make for your self.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
i take it your not single now. grin
yup still married. when she told me something had to go, she thought id get rid of my mud toy. smoking was costing me $150 a month, my harley payment and insurance cost less than $130. i got somthing way beter than any cigerett, and it cost me less. how could she be mad at me.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
B&C 100 Class

Man I just had an idea....maybe I should pick up smoking for a month and see if my gal would go for me getting that remington 700 and scope before christmas arrives. JK of course because she would kill me and I wouldn't even make it to christmas.

I like the way you worked that angle though NH!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 AM
B&C 100 Class

I tried using it, as for side effects..well I didn't kill anybody, or myself, didn't even think about it, BUT I did have really weird dreams, and I was..how to put this...I was very gassy. I sounded like a in heat moose,and smelled like a wet wolf!. I hate to report they didn't work, BUT I had better luck with the patches.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 AM

Off dip for 1 week now.. Quit taking pill last Saturday as well.. Ive had to fight the cravings more but will be thrilled when the side effects of this pill is outta my system..
Pills do work if you even halfway want to quit.. I thought about it alot less on the drugs..

Buy stock in David sunflower seeds.. Their 3rd quarter profit will probably go up just from me...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
B&C 140 Class

I used chantix to quit. it worked for me. this comming January will be two years for me. I know its a twelve week program but I only took it for three weeks and was still able to quit. I quit taking it early because of the side effect I was gitting. it was making me realy irratable and extreemly snappy to the point my wife has got a dashhound (wiener dog) that I never did like but anyways that dog did something one day that was realy stupid ( normaly I would have never thought nothing about it ) and I picked it up and something come over me all i wanted to do was kill that little dog but I didnt hurt it in any way once I reallized my mind state I put the dog down and told my wife I realy wanted to kill her dog. but anyways we got into the conversation of how the chantix was effectimg my mood and then I desided to quit taking. but I do know that it was in the news that people were killing their selfs that were on chantix. is some mean stuff but if you can tuff out the side effects it surely sould work for you. good luck to ya
Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
B&C 100 Class

I'm a nurse too and have heard both pros and cons about Chantix, but can tell you the FDA has black boxed it, which means it could be dangerous. I'd go along with the folks that used an incentive as motivation to quit. Find something of great valuse that you really want material, spiritual, it doesn't matter. Concentrate on your goal and how the tobacco would interfere with achieving it. Sounds like you are almost where you want to be. Remember to modify your behaviors as to avoid situations that promote the opportunity to indulge. That's my 2 cents.