North American Hunting Club - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default North American Hunting Club

I just recently purchased a three year membership to NAHC and they sent me a option for a life membership for 30 dollars a month for one year. My ? is they promise chances to test gear and keep it for free I want to know if any of you are members and if you have been giving the chance to field test products, let me know cause I don't want to spend that much money till I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 06:17 PM

I'm a trophy life member of NAHC. I would not reccomend that you join thinking you're going to get a whole bunch of free gifts. I've tested two products with a value of about 40.00. I do like the club as a member for services they can provide. I think I joined in the middle 80"s.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
B&C 140 Class

Hm i'm a life member to.i haven't tested anything yet and i have been a member sence 2001.all i got out of it is a real nice leather jacket that has the nahc logo on the front for becomming a life member.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM

Looking back I would have never became a life member.. When I first joined up my thinking was even if I did not get a product to review I would receive the magazine for life.. So it would be worth the money if I lived to a ripe old age.

Then thats when all the stupid books started coming in the mail.. They send you items in the mail and if you want to purchase them you send money back, and if you dont want the item then you send the item back.. Not at all a game I want to play.. The books looked pretty good and the price on the first book was $7.. Cheap enough.. Then the next book was $23. The price was never below $20 after the first one.. I purchased around 6-7 books in 2 months before I finally called them and said do not send any more books.. They said if anymore came in the mail just send them back to which I replied "if another book or dvd comes in the mail it is mine free of charge".

Another one came in like 2 days later and since I knew that it would had probably already been in the mail I went ahead and called and paid for it over the phone and repeated my before statement..

This story is getting to long.. They kept sending books.. I quit paying for them or sending them back. They cut off my magazine subscription.. Which is possibly illegal for them to do.. I checked it out and a homeowner is not responsible for sending items back to companys that mail them out. That would be 1 reason they cannot send my account to collections..

The box they send the life members with all the goodies in it is really a waste as well.. I still have my box with all the goodies still in it untouched except for the first day I opened it.. The only item I received for the life membership that I use is a leather gun carrying case.. Which is nice but not worth the life membership fee.. I reviewed 1 product which was a sample 1 time use packet of buck urine.

Like HM said do not join up with the expectation of reviewing cool hunting items.. And if you do join up tell them to not send you crap in the mail.. Unless you enjoy mailing crap back to folks 2 or 3 times a month..
Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Nahc

Thank you for your response.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 PM

One more thing, I recently purchased a knife with the NAHC logo on it, it was a cheap made in China piece of crap. They didn't advertise the NOT MADE IN AMERICA in the description. I will not be purchasing anything more from them. I got the same jacket for joining. I will admit it is probably a $100.00 jacket.

Last edited by Hunting Man; 07-22-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 AM
B&C 100 Class

I had the same issue that Buckfever did with books and videos showing up in my mailbox every few days. I did get a chance to test a hook sharpener with a value of maybe $3. There are other things to spend my money on. I get better feedback, information, insight, and product reviews by looking at and participating on DHC.C and it's free. If and when I want to buy a video or a book I know other places to go.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 PM
B&C 140 Class

I was a member a few years back, but never received anything to test. I guess the club is all right, but I didn't renew membershio and don't miss it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM
B&C 140 Class

Hunting Man, here's a weird story about knives made in China. About 16 years ago I received a free knife for subscribing to a Montana hunting newspaper. I didn't know it when I subscribed, but the knife, of course, was made in China. I'm not crazy about buying things made in Chine, but it is almost impossible NOT to buy stuff from there. But here's the weird part, this folding knife has become my favorite. It's rugged, holds an edge and has been servicabe all these years. I have used it, and hope to continue using it on elk, antelope, deer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating going out and buying a Chinese-made knife, or anything else for that matter, but that's how this particular free knife worked out. It's just a great knife!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
B&C 100 Class

I toyed with joining a while back, but didnt really have the money. My wife's Biological father is a member of the fishing club of america and got some stuff to test and liked it. Personally when i saw that the address is exactly the same for the arts and crafts club, fishing club, hunting club, cooking club, etc I got suspicious and didnt join.

I'll just stick with the NRA.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill