Bird nest in my attic - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Bird nest in my attic

Seen a bird fly out of one of my side vents the other day.. I went up to check it out and filled 2 garbage bags up with hay/bird nest.. I went to the other side of the house and found another one.. I left it there for the time being.. This is not a close up pic.. Its easy 3 feet wide and 2 feet across. I patched my screen holes so the little terds cant get back in.. Used a whole bottle of wasp spray in the process.. Not a position I like very well.. Squatted over, wasp flying around you, shooting at em with a spray bottle, trying to stay on the rafters.. Very entertaining.. And HOT!!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
B&C 180 Class

thats huge .I live on the second floor outside my window is the porch the corner of the sheet metal came loose awhile back some house sparrows have made a nest in there.im waiting for the chicks to pop out any day now
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 06-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Wow, what the heck kind of birds you got in your neighborhood? You sure it wasn't an ostrich up there nesting?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 AM

that is huge...

Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
B&C 180 Class

Teradactyle's
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM

black birds are usually the birds that makes nest in attics around here... What I cant figure out is why didnt they just make a nest.. Instead of bringing more straw/hay in with them everytime creating one big pile.. Ive been wondering whose been stealing my hay.. Now i know..
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 PM
B&C 180 Class

maybe its not birds but people