Deer Hunting Forums banner

Dad

8K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Southern Man 
#1 ·
Just got home from the ER again, Dad will be spending a few more days. It is most difficult watching loved one's health deteroriate. I got to hunt and fish with my Dad and Brother for many years on many enjoyable trips and it will be those memories that I will always cherish. It's just a giant bummer at the moment. Sharing trips with the son & friends helps keep me in the woods and on the lakes. Life can sure throw a nasty curve ball at times.

#4 ·
HM & wmi, I'm so sorry both of you are battling through these tough times.
What you two are going through right now are the absolute toughest family situations to have to deal with.
Our prayers are with you both

#5 ·
Thanks for the kind thoughts! WMI, I will be talking to the big guy upstairs to ask for some special help today and also through your Dad's recovery. There is simply nothing more important in our lives than family, which makes loosing them such a giagantic family/personal loss. I appreciate all of your thoughts and posts. I didn't get the chance to save my Brother and now I can't help my Dad (except be there for him) and that at the moment really bites! Thanks for allowing me to vent!

#9 ·
Glad to hear your Dad pulled thru his surgeries well....
You gotta warn him though, Nurses are armed with things like Needles, Enema's and Bedpans Oh MY !!! :lol:

#14 ·
I wish things were different. Fact is my Dad is not good. Just got home from seeing him. Nearly lost him this morning according to the nurse. He seemed to be in better spirits tonight. WMI, how is your Dad doing following his second surgery? I hope your Dad has a full and fast recovery!

#16 ·
sorry HM i havent been able to open this forum.my prayers are with you and your family.All we can do is spend time with our loved ones while we can and know that God has a plan and to trust in it.I hope you get to spend more time with him though

#18 ·
Just an update, my Dad will be going to Hospice care for his final care. I have no idea when God will bring him home. I'm sure that many of you have gone through the same thing and know the heart ache it brings. Sometimes life just really sucks. As I have posted a few times, my Dad and brother were my hunting/fishing buddies for many years. Having lost my brother and soon my Dad is really hitting hard.

#19 ·
HM if there is any positive aspect to view here it is the fact that your dad lived a long and full life. You carry and pass all knowledge and lifes lessons that you learned from him down to the next generation and so on. I think that being able to lead a life to the fullest is truly a blessing from the big man. I also think it is safe to say that you have gained many brothers here in a new age high tech kind of way but were here for you brother!!!!!!!

#20 ·
agree with timberghost on that

#22 ·
Im sorry for the news.. When I lost my grandparents the thought that stuck with me is the fact that they are in better place.. No more suffering and the like.. And the fact that when I get to Heaven I will get to see them again..

I will pray the God will comfort you and your family during this trying time..

#24 ·
HM I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish it would have turned out differently but on the other side is your father can now go for a walk in the woods or fish anytime for as long as he wants. Your brother will show him all of the best spots. He will have no physical limitations to slow him down. We are all here if you need us my friend.

#26 ·
I'm sorry HM, My prayers are with you and your family always..
I will pray that you find peace and comfort in times of sorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.