Deer Hunting Forums banner

Signs of Spring

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  bowhuntin' soldier 
#1 ·
With the grass about 85 % green and a few early flowers poking up I guess spring is here. Its suspose to rain and maybe have a mix of snow for early week but maybe the mower gets fired up next weekend:crazy:

#6 ·
UH? Ive done mowed my grass twice.. Fixed my riding mower.. Sowed some grass seed several weeks ago.. Its coming up already nice and green.. Springs here already even though I think its suppose to be 30 degrees or so tonight with a chance of snow tomorrow.. It will be back to 70 by the weekend and Ill have to start the mower up again..

#7 ·
Spring is here for sure...the BlueBonnets have come out and are actually starting to die off...just a little...but the grass is really green but still not very tall -- even the pecan trees are just starting to come out and they usually have the "final word" as to when spring is here.

#8 ·
Green hasn't arrived in Vermont yet, It Snowed here yesterday morning during breakfast,
we had enough of a dusting to create a good ground covering. Are we the lucky ones or what? :w00t: LOL

#10 ·
the flowers are all blooming here and the lavender trees are budding up.also those yellow shrubs?i call em trout trees,cuz they bloom around the opening of trout season are blazing yellow

#12 ·
I wait till after April 15th to plant that is usually pretty safe. I have been working up the ground and getting it ready between the rain.

I guess there is always a first, I didn't cut grass over the weekend like I should have to busy fishing. The rain didn't come in yesterday as planned so I decided to cut the grass because it doesn't look like the rain will let up for the rest of the week. Anyway I'm out there on the mower and it starts to snow. Something just ain't right about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.