Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hunter Height

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  flexj 
#1 ·
Just trying to get a little demographic information. If I'm not supposed to do this just let me know.

1. How tall are you.
2. What do you hunt (waterfowl or other).
3. What kind of hunting do you enjoy (bow, shotty, rifle, muzzy).

1. I'm 6'5"
2. I hunt waterfowl, land birds, deer and squirrels. Yes I said squirrels. Hope to hunt some elk, bear and maybe a moose soon.
3. I like to hunt with all four that I had listed.

Thanks to all that reply, I appreciate it. I'm doing some independent research on these topics and couldn't find any good studies that had been done yet.

#6 ·
A little more info

I've posted this on several other forums and a question was asked at one of them that I thought would be useful to everyone.

I am doing this purely as personal interest. I am not tied to any company or group (well I do contribute to PF and DU), but being a tall guy that hunts with mostly guys of normal height, I was curious to see if there were any other gorillas like me out there.

When I'm done collecting enough data, I will make sure to post my findings on each forum that I have joined. I am not asking for anything that is confidential and hope that it makes it easier for members to contribute.

I promise a full computational analysis when I'm done.

Thanks and happy hunting!

G
#8 ·
use to be 6'3" little shorter now, 190 lbs.
in order of favs deer, turkey, woodcock, pheasant, moose (if drawn), coyotes, woodchucks, squirrels, pretty much anything. never water fowl hunted.
weapon, rifle bow shotgun front stuffer.

#9 ·
Thanks

Thanks for helping me gather information. I have posts on over 20 forums and am not only getting some awesome info, but also stuff I didn't even ask for. Stories of guys hunting with their grandpas and even stuff about their favorites. I'm always game for a good story.

I'm going to be out practicing with my bow tomorrow, but I plan on keeping an eye on the thread and try to get this question posted on as many of them as I can. I will try to get some preliminary results up this weekend.

Thanks Again!

#10 ·
Looks Like I am again the wittle guy

5'3"
mostly Turkey, waterfowl, Deer, Yotes, upland birds, varmits & bear
Bow, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, rifle once in a while I try pistol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.