Deer Hunting Forums banner

Update on my should injury/surgery/recupe

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  deerless 
#1 ·
Okay its been a bit since I was here, after clearing my computers history I had to figure my passwords out on several forum boards including this one.

Well, I was very lucky to have two physical therapist that are bowhunters. Now I'm not going to bore you all with what the surgeon did, but he had told me that I probably would never draw a bow again EVER.

Well that was back in November, and 3mo to the day I was back at the indoor range shooting my bow at 8 pounds less draw than before (70#) and have been shooting 2 to 3 times a weeks since. Just recently turned in my Whitetail World 300 score for the week of 258 with 12X's for the match we're having right now.

Now here is the funny part... I have tried to hold a rifle off hand :no: nope nadda it aint gonna happen... go figure.

Man God is great when he gives you the desires of your heart!

#2 ·
Good luck with your rehab and keep at it! My father in law is rehabing a shoulder injury and was not able to hunt at all this year either. He is still unable to shoulder even something as small as an air gun! He is still working on it and i hope he can return in time for the fall. Sounds like your doing o.k keep it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.