Deer Hunting Forums banner

skunk

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
I can't believe i had a skunk under the house last night and he sprayed a lot of the crossbase area. I have purchased everything I could to knock down the scent in my house. Cleaning carpets/furniture washing clothes. This been a really stinky day!:yucky:

#3 ·
i just read in outdoor life to use baking soda and peroxide to get rid of the smell from dogs.what do you use on a house?hope ya shot the stinker:yucky:

#4 · (Edited)
The skunk met his demise but much to my surprise it twasn't his eyes I was a shooting at seems it was the the udder end the one that shoots back. I may of won the battle but the skunk won the war. Going to get mega boxes of baking soda for laundry rinse and something like Arm&Hammer soap first thing in the morning and wash 100 loads of clothes, too bad hunting season is over cause I got a good natural cover scent going on. I'm at a loss as to how to air out the house, what products to use. Cleaning companies I call said we'll get back to you after we do some reshearch. On line suggestions advised putting coffee grounds out and simmering vinegar and scented candles, you can only imagine what all that smells like. Le expresso de vinegair un perfume de la pue. Son left and hasn't returned, ex stopped by with candles and left. Raven and Gunnar have stood by my side the whole time, for once wet dogs smell pretty good.

#5 ·
Put a box fan at the crawl space door blowing out. That will create a little negative presure down there and help keep the smell from comming up into the house. If you have a plastic vapor barrier I would pull it and replace it.

It sucks to be you right now it would wish that on my worst enemy. :)

#6 ·
Hunting man, you can make a mixture of 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 2/3 cup of baking soda and a table spoon of liquid soap. That concoction will neutralize the smell of a skunk. It will only work if you use it immediately, it's a chemical reaction that does it. Don't let the mixture set very long. Rinse with water after a bit if you can. I've seen it used on dogs that have gotten sprayed. The guy sponged it in and rinsed the dog, it worked. You might make a double batch and put it in a pressure sprayer.

#8 ·
#11 ·
he's passed out under the house ,the skunks family sought revenge:lol:

#12 ·
No I braved it out with Raven and Gunnar. Son left, but stopped for a short visit and said dad this is probably a good thing to have happen because the house is the cleanest its been in two years. Anybody need a 21 year old male he's free for the taking!:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.