Deer Hunting Forums banner

Working on the barn

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago when I had pc problems I was working on the barn as well. Here are a couple pics..

And for those of you that know about wiring. We pulled #4 through 1 inch conduit.. Something I will never do again as long as I live.. Major pain in the butt.. Shouldnt have listened to the people and went with better judgement and bought the inch and a half. But stupid me listened when they kept saying "Ah yeah it will pull no problem.. Took me 2 days instead of the half day I was shooting for..

Halfway done in this pic

A before pic from the side.

The biggest pain of the job.

See less See more
#2 ·
ahh the old electrical trench:yucky:

#4 ·
Some Projects can get real frustrating at times
but keep sight of the end result and you'll be "Barn Dancing" all summer long. :pickle:

#6 ·
I had to pull wire through to my Detached garage as well. I used 1 1/2", Extra heavy twine, wire grease, 2 large plastic bags, and a 6.5 horse power vacuum. Laid all of the pipe, tied the bags to the end of the twine, hooked up the vacuum to the other end of the pipe and sucked the twine through. Worked great and let me tell ya that grease was a life saver. Thought the idea up while at the drive thru of my bank.:pickle:

#8 ·
I brought it off my house breaker.. When I was planning this job I never meet anyone that cared to much for the direct bury wire. They claim it want last you the rest of your life etc. etc. Lose to much power over the distance I was running.

Im clueless as to about all of it.

#10 ·
I ran out of wood. Should get my next order in this week. Hoping to be done in a couple weeks..

Party? After the barn I got to get busy on the garden. Since I am at a new place this year I got some work to do to get my garden spot right. Ya'll can come help do that and then we can party in the barn. (After the house roof, and cutting firewood, and turkey hunting, etc...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.