Stimulas bill??? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
B&C 160 Class

Default Stimulas bill???

Folks I do not engage in many politcal discusions but this bill before the Senate they call a stimulas package is ubsurd. The Democrats are getting ready to spend our children's and their children's future on a load of crap.

If you are not, then get up to speed quick on what it is they are up to before it is to late. Then sign this petition, I recieved from John McCains office, to urge the Senate to vote no.

Vote No on the Economic Stimulus

Here's the accompaning letter.

Dear McCain Supporter,

Yesterday, the Senate began debate on an economic stimulus package that is intended to get our economy back on track and help Americans who are suffering through these difficult times. Unfortunately, the proposal on the table is big on the giveaways for the special interests and corporate high rollers, yet short on help for ordinary working Americans. I cannot and do not support the package on the table from the Democrats and the Obama Administration. Our country does not need just another spending bill, particularly not one that will load future generations with the burden of massive debt. We need a short term stimulus bill that will directly help people, create jobs, and provide a jolt to our economy.

I believe we need to evaluate every bit of spending in this stimulus proposal with one important criteria - does it really stimulate the economy and help create jobs - if the answer is no, it does not belong in a so-called stimulus package. Furthermore, the stimulus must include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes. Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

I appreciate the discussions President Obama is having with my Republican colleagues, but the time for talking has come to an end and we must now begin some serious negotiation. But as of yet, Republicans have not been given the opportunity to be involved. The House of Representatives passed a stimulus bill without a single Republican supporting it. In the Senate, the Democrat leadership is trying to jam the existing proposal through regardless of reservations from a number of members. With so much at stake, the last thing we need is partisanship driving our attempts to turn the economy around.

I have long been a fighter against wasteful spending in Washington and long an advocate for a balanced budget -- that will never change. I realize we face extraordinary challenges with our economy today, but that is not an excuse for more irresponsibly from Washington. I hope you will join me in saying no to this stimulus package as it currently exists by signing this petition.

Sincerely,

John McCain
Chair, Country First PAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 03:47 PM

I signed on. I started reading the 500 page document and got sick. Talk about pork. The Country got what the majority voted for, I hope they enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
ronn

.................................................. .........that sound you just heard was me shaking my head in disgust.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

I'm signed up. Everything I have heard/read about this stimulas package sounds not good.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM
ronn

i've already contacted, i would say my reps but i didn't vote for them, nh reps. the one i did vote for is going to sec of comm.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
B&C 160 Class

He seems like a pretty sharp guy. It's curious that Obama would pick him. Who is the Lady the Govorner is picking to replace him?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

I signed.....

Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
ronn

she is a moderate republican. worked for bush i believe. and something to do with UNH. he wouldn't take the job unless our gov, a moderate dem, appointed a republican to replace him. Judd Gregg is a do whats right republican even if it means breaking from the party line.