Deer Hunting Forums banner

Helping handicapped children hunt

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  South Alabama's Finest 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get help or a contact number or website to a hunting community or hunting industry leader or any outdoors hunting show hosts to help me with trying to take handicapped children hunting and teaching them the way of life through hunting and the outdoors. Please let me know and I am very grateful for anyone that has information.

G
#3 · (Edited)
you can also check with your states F&G or DNR. some states are running a mentoring program. they also have special programs for the handicapped/physically challenged. NH did a special moose hunt for a terminally ill kid last year. i read about it in the outdoor news paper but for the life of me i can't remember what its called. nice story anyway. that hunt may or may not have had anything to do with Catch a Dream but i think it did.

The paper is called the Hawkeye hunting and fishing news. The program is called Hunt of a lifetime (HOAL) and its based in PA. there are 2 tags set aside for this organization. The hunt was sponsored and organized by New Hampshire branch of the Safari Club International. The kids name is Keith Locke, 9-years-old, got an 850lb 2 1/2 year old bull. He donated the meat to the NH food bank, a special kind of act if you ask me.
I tried to find the article on line but no luck there.

#5 · (Edited)
#7 ·
When you click the "WISH" link, you'll find an abundance of resources to help you on hunting and non-hunting wishes too. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.