Deer Hunting Forums banner

Before anyone asks.

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  KTL 
#1 ·
Some of have read I am in Afganistan and I am a sniper with the 2nd 75th Airbirne Rangers.Before anyone asks me this question.Yes its true we keep a book,some call them "kill books".I dont call it that.Its my pest deletation book.Its just basic info about when,where,and time of shot and hit or miss.In order to be a confirmed deletion,my spotter has to comfirm the hit.You hear all kinds of stories about fantastic long range shots,some of true most arent.An average shot is 400 to 1,000 yards so you cant believe everything Hollywood tells you about 2 mile shots with a bullseye.I will try and give an honest answer to the questions I can answer,otherwise I just tell you sorry I cant answer that.:pickle:

#5 ·
Sorry, guys, but I can't believe you are getting all "technical" before just thanking the guy for his and his family's sacrifice and service.
Thank you, RangerRick, for laying it out there for me and my family. Best of luck to you and your companions, be safe, come home soon, and maybe we can do some hunting together in the future. God bless.

#6 ·
Ranger Rick I want to "THANK YOU" for your service. I will PRAY that "GOD" keeps you safe and will grant you to come home soon. Again, "GOD BLESS" you for you & your family. What part of the United States do you live if i can ask that?

GOD BLESS
tlpoore

#7 ·
We can never say enough thank-you's for what our Servicemen and women do for not just our own country but for the world.
RangerRick Thank You to you and all your comrades past, present and future. May God be with you and your families Always .....

G
#8 ·
It can't be said enough but it was said. in another posting from rangerrick. just so we don't seem like thankless ingrates. I got no problem saying thank you ranger rick and all you folks out there laying it on the line. so thank you.

#9 · (Edited)
Onehorse, we did give a BIG thanks for his service! :yes: I think we all appreciate the servicemen and women who put it on the line everyday for their contry and us. I really believe those who appreciate nature ie fishing, hunting, mountains, streams ect ect have a strong belief in the greatness of the USA and the people who choose to defend her!:pickle:

#10 ·
i got one for ya.When did they switch from a single man to the current 2 man team and do you guys switch or take turns being shooter/spotter?Does the spotter also carry a rifle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.