Surgery results - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Man that sounds like a whole lot of stuff jacked up in your shoulder. I have shoulder pain deep inside both shoulders along with elbow wrist and of course, knuckles. But the surgery was to get rid of the pain and I hope you recover quickly and get back to hunting. Good Luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM

You know when the hospital asks your pain level from 1-10, there should be another scale for post surgery pain, 20-100.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
You know when the hospital asks your pain level from 1-10, there should be another scale for post surgery pain, 20-100.
and they have that chart with the smiley/frowing faces what a joke ya think they could come up with something better
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
and they have that chart with the smiley/frowing faces what a joke ya think they could come up with something better
In pre op they showed me that chart and well I laughed at it..... when the pain control people called after surgery and my wife told them I am in alot more pain than 7.5 Hydrocodone is gonna handle, they said that was pretty well it. Ah we were told to call if it was not enough.......

Finally got my first shower and dressing change tonight, had to wait 48 hours.... oh this hurts

I did get a little bit of sleep but it worked like a power nap, and now I'm awake... I figure it's 12:16am and gonna get woke up again at 2am for my meds again.

I know it will get better as time moves on.

"Whitetail it's more than a passion, it's an addiction"

~~~~

Bowhunter and Handgun Hunter
Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 AM
B&C 180 Class

yep it definately alters your routine big time.hope ya got cable or satalite kick back and watch some hunting shows
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM

Good news is the pain will ease up day by day. I slept in the lazyboy for 4 nights before i could sleep in bed. Resist the temtation to do anything untill the doc says so. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 PM
B&C 100 Class

I hate for anybody to mess with sleep, money, or hunting! Sounds like you lost all three in one whack. Maybe this comment will find you in a least less pain. Taking care of yourself now can make a big difference later. One Superman moment and you may be back in there next deer season. Man that would suck! Take it easy and be careful with that hillbilly heroin it is very addictive but works well when needed.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Scrub Buck

Best of luck with your recovery. Have had my share of surgeries and know what you are going through. Have another one scheduled for january to get 3 permanent rods in my foot to try and subside my arthritis (I am 19 and have it bad already from a football accident). GET OFF PAINKILLERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! A good family friend was on the same stuff as you after exploding a foot (literally) and got hooked. Said he woke up shaking and would crush one, lick his finger and then swipe his tongue and would stop the shakes in 20 seconds. He refuses to ever take that strong of medicine again as it was he#! getting off the stuff without anything but his willpower. Get on over the counter stuff as soon as possible, as tough as it is it is the best thing for you because it can happen fast.

Best wishes in your recovery and hope all goes well and fast. Get back out in the woods soon.

Last edited by timberghost; 11-25-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:20 AM
B&C 100 Class

Well I'm already down to just taking the meds once a day, and that is just before I go to sleep to aid in me sleeping..... dang it's 01:19am and ah it aint working.

Well but I am down to 99% free of the meds now.

I will be starting PT on Dec 3rd which will run 3 X for 4 weeks for now.

Coffee is still good at this time of day

"Whitetail it's more than a passion, it's an addiction"

~~~~

Bowhunter and Handgun Hunter
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 AM
B&C 180 Class

"We can rebuild him,faster,stronger......."a little joke for us older guys.