Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Be safe, and good luck on openning day (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/2893-safe-good-luck-openning-day.html)

Annie Oakley 11-14-2008 05:34 AM

Be safe, and good luck on openning day

:photo:Openning day! To all, please be safe, and enjoy the thrill of the hunt, not so much the prize. The weather here in Vermont isn't going to be the greatest, rain heavy at times, but temps will be mild. Camp, good friends, being outdoors, and tall stories, will all make a good time, the added bonus will be success.

"Don't pull the trigger until you know what your shooting at":surprised:

BruceBruce1959 11-14-2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie Oakley (Post 21454)
"Don't pull the trigger until you know what your shooting at":surprised:

Make sure you know what's behind what you're shooting at also.

joel the signman 11-14-2008 06:29 AM

gonna be a gully washer here so i dont feel bad going to my new god daughters first birthday im going to strongly suggest we move it to the week after opening day next year:biggrin:good luck to all who venture forth into the woods wear your orange so you dont get shot by accident:surprised:have a great time and lets hear some stories :bye:

Hunting Man 11-14-2008 07:29 AM

Hope everyone employs safety first when hunting. Have fun and enjoy
yourselves our there.

Annie Oakley 11-16-2008 06:11 AM

Openning Day appears to have been successful

Who said, 'there is no deer in Vermont"? Yesterday was quite successfull, saw plenty of parades, of deer, all 5pts and above, wieght 158.8 to 177. lbs. Then came the male testosterone, they parade it around in the back of there trucks, then they hang em on the front lawn...You guys are just to funny! :biggrin:

Hunting Man 11-16-2008 12:47 PM

Annie, its not just a male thing. I many small midwestern towns there's a communty buck pole where everyone brings their deer in to hang. I think its a good thing for the small town tradition as it puts people together. Bring in people and everyone benifits, gas stations, restarants, ect. I fear the most recent election will try to take away some of the traditional things and classify them as politically incorrect. Displaying harvested animals is not one of (my) practices, however, tradition has its merits and may be worth holding on too even at the expence of some. I'm sure you posted with toung in cheek, :wink: and I'm equally sure you'll get some more feed back. HM

Annie Oakley 11-17-2008 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:photo:Well this one has more miles on it than it did previously. Friends of mine were calling it a day, and headed back to the truck, only to see this guy sniffing the truck, Will took one shot, instant and clean. Then the tour began, and here is one of the stops.
Poor Mike will have to listen to Willie, if he doesn't get one of his own....
Saturday was record breaking, saw a few yesterday, but the weather played a role. :bye:

Buckshot 11-17-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie Oakley (Post 21660)
:photo:Well this one has more miles on it than it did previously. Friends of mine were calling it a day, and headed back to the truck, only to see this guy sniffing the truck, Will took one shot, instant and clean. Then the tour began, and here is one of the stops.
Poor Mike will have to listen to Willie, if he doesn't get one of his own....
Saturday was record breaking, saw a few yesterday, but the weather played a role. :bye:

The buck tour is half the fun, how else would polish such a story as how you killed that buck against such great odds.:biggrin:

Congrats to your freind.

buckfever 11-17-2008 10:16 PM

Cool deer.. I like how the whole crew gets in on the pic..

Annie Oakley 11-18-2008 04:25 AM

Imagine how Mike feels, this was on his land, and his buddy bags it. The little guy melts my heart. I bought him his first bow 75lb pull, he does great at about 50 feet. Now his mom wants me to start target shooting with him, he has great hand to eye coordination.