Deer Hunting Forums banner

Economic Crisis....

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Annie Oakley 
#1 ·
:ranting:Don't know if any one caught it on the news....but apparently in the year 2000, the feds and Congress voted to allow Wall Street to implement illegal practices, on gambling with the stock market, and with out any overseers. Running Wall Street like a bookie venue. Now we had Martha convicted, for insider trading, yet Wall Street was given a green light, to operate in this otherwise illegal practice. ....Problem is; all the higher ups that were privey to this, have more money than God, all us peons, have lost our shirts, retirement, and savings. Goverment bailouts, are still giving these top excecutives, there big fat bonuses. I really don't think it's going to matter who becomes president, as long as all the crooks in congress are still there.
Here are just a few questions: My property taxes went up, yet the realestate market plunged. WHY, Price of fuel is going down, yet there are still fuel surcharges. WHY, What else is on the ballet to be voted for, that no one is discussing. WHY. Look at what we pay for education, yet, they say the drop out rate is almost 50%. Insurance companies; They want money for nothing, try and submit a claim, and your cancelled at the end of your expiration date, non-renewable??? Why are all the mistakes made by our officails passed on to the consumer. They throw us a bone, while they are stirring the pot on the other end...Only in America! Didn't we have a tea party over this once???

#2 ·
i dont want to start a whole thing with this.politics and the like are supposed to be off limits here .still dont why the other one is open

#3 ·
The ecomony effects us all. It does not bother me to discuss it here. I doubt we have any congressman (reps or dems) to get offended by this discussion. It may actually do them some good to see the toil this mess is taking on the middle and lower class work force.

I left the other one open as long as we conduct the debate pretty well. We are all Americans here (for the most part) and these issues are fresh on our minds a lot here lately. Thats why Ive let it stay. Now if we have members bashing each other over who their voting for I will close it. Its everyones right to vote for who they want to.

#4 ·
okay cuz it was my understanding that those topics were a no no

#6 ·
To be honest I think this is the only topic that hasnt been debated,I think we are all pretty much on the same page on this one.I drive truck at nite and listen to sirius alot,tonight I listened to an interview with Ron Paul, he made alot of good points that made sense,what I cant figure is out why he sounded so goofy in the primaries.

#8 ·
Not surprised, but it is a revalation. This economic crisis, has let a lot of cats out of the bag. But I have noticed the media skips right over it, after its reported....Diverts your attention to something else.
Remember what we have been told, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't.
:shocking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.