Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Outdoor Adventure Hunting Tour (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/2427-outdoor-adventure-hunting-tour.html)

BruceBruce1959 09-17-2008 07:19 PM

Outdoor Adventure Hunting Tour

the Outdoor Adventure Hunting Tour Will be at Dicks Sporting goods in Plattsburgh, NY
This coming Week-end Sept 20-21
Click the Tour Link for Details

Dicks Sporting Goods
Outdoor Adventure Hunting Tour
<-click for details

buckfever 09-17-2008 10:08 PM

Any of ya'll NY'ers going?

joel the signman 09-17-2008 10:39 PM

nah cold front coming trough i hope to be in the swamp blasting geese:yes:

BruceBruce1959 09-18-2008 06:25 AM

It's a little over an hour's drive from me but I'll be there on Satrurday. Whitetailfever lives over that way I bet he's going
(that is, if he's heard about it)
Not many folks i've mentioned it to have heard about it, I haven't seen or heard any media advertising on it,
the only reason I'm aware of it is because one of my friends is a Manager at my local Dicks Sporting goods store.

timberghost 09-18-2008 06:29 AM

Oct. 4-5 count me in!!!!!!

BruceBruce1959 09-20-2008 03:42 PM

Well I'm just getting back from the Plattsburgh, N.Y. Outdoor Adventure event and we did get to meet "WHITETAILFEVER" and his son which for us made the whole trip worth going for,, had it not been for meeting them I'd have to say the Outdoor Adventure event wasn't worth it and I'd categorize it as nothing more than a fancy schmancy Sales event for hunting supplies and the sales weren't even anything to brag about....
I ended up buying the Realtree Roadtrips best of season 5 DVD and Esther ? well ,, she went shopping,, She got an electric Gourmet Fry kit and the frying oil and a couple different Marinades for injecting... :wub:

Whitetailfever, again it was a real pleasure meeting you and your son and I hope we get to meet again at future events, it's always nice meeting new folks and putting a face behind the name. Is your son a hunter?
Can we expect to see him in the Bucks for a Buck or Dough for a Doe contest this year?

buckfever 09-20-2008 08:20 PM

Thats cool Bruce. I wish we were all loaded with money and retired.. Then we could just meet up at some big spread and take it easy for a few days..

WHITETAILFEVER 09-21-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucebruce1959 (Post 17888)
well i'm just getting back from the plattsburgh, n.y. Outdoor adventure event and we did get to meet "whitetailfever" and his son which for us made the whole trip worth going for,, had it not been for meeting them i'd have to say the outdoor adventure event wasn't worth it and i'd categorize it as nothing more than a fancy schmancy sales event for hunting supplies and the sales weren't even anything to brag about....
i ended up buying the realtree roadtrips best of season 5 dvd and esther ? Well ,, she went shopping,, she got an electric gourmet fry kit and the frying oil and a couple different marinades for injecting... :wub:

whitetailfever, again it was a real pleasure meeting you and your son and i hope we get to meet again at future events, it's always nice meeting new folks and putting a face behind the name. Is your son a hunter?
can we expect to see him in the bucks for a buck or dough for a doe contest this year?

thanks alot brucebruce!!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.you are just as nice in person as you are on this forum!!i'm glad we had a chance to meet!!the outdoor event was allright like bruce said there wer'nt any super sale going on there thats for sure.my son and i shot the air gun display and the bow display it was fun and i think my son might like bow hunting.and of course the deer head display was i think was the best.lolthe guy had a set of sheds that came off a old deer and that he seen it last year as a 160 class 6ptr.could you amagine seeing something like that!!!

But anyways it was nice to meet you bruce.so to me it was worth it.as far as the contest. My son he is only 12yrs old.so he has a couple more years to go.he does want to hunt though.i let him shoot my 243 which will be his and his first deer gun.

joel the signman 09-22-2008 08:53 PM

thats great you guys met