Gas Prices, Gougers - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Default Gas Prices, Gougers

Just wondering what gas prices were doing in ya'lls neck of the woods. Since Thursday we seen quite a rise at certain stations in TN. 1 station down the road close to town made the news for raising their prices to $5 a gallon Friday. Crazy!! Then we had this Indian owned station in a town over who did something wrong too. Thurs night before IKE hit and he heard prices were going to go up he put plastic over his pumps and told people he was outta gas. Then Fri morning when he opened he pulled the plastic and sign on the front door and started sellin his gas for $1 more. My buddy that lives next to the station said he would have heard a gas truck if 1 would have pulled in during the middle of the night. Wrong again.

A little country station down the road from me didnt change their prices at all. Thank goodness. The way I looked at it. (i had half a tank at the time, if I was on E im sure i would have pulled in and got gas) If the nation is going to run outta gas that full tank is not going to really do you any good. We would come to a stand still for a day and then we would have gas again. Maybe im to much of an optimistic. The way I look at it if you got any groceries at the house you can make it a few days with no gas. Because if you dont have gas to go to work neither does anybody else. I know we have to spend money to make the economy roll but it would not hurt anyone to have to eat beans and taters at the house for a few days. I happen to prefer home cooking anyway.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want anyone to miss work for shortage of gas. But it would probably slow some people down, make them look around and appreciate what they have. Family, friends, a place to live. The stuff that really matters. It also might make them think next time they put McDonalds on a credit card and dont pay the balance at the end of the month.

Sorry i rolled on with this post. I just think about my grandparents and the older generation that use this site today. They dont finance hardly anything. We young foks could learn from that. We need to start taking notes.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:00 AM

Gas prices around here are between 3.55 and 3.63 a gallon.
If curiosity gets the best of you and you want to see what the prices are in
other areas, here's a link to see what others are paying. GasBuddy.com

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM

Good site. It must just be in certain parts.. On that list it said knoxville TN was the highest with a gas price of 4.847

It looks like these southeastern states freaked out with the hurricane coming. Our prices are genearally lower than the other states.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
B&C 160 Class

we went from 3.50 to 3.90 fri some are over 5 bucks ...people need to remember these stations....i will and did ..over 9 11 run ups
Old 09-14-2008, 08:04 PM
B&C 140 Class

JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME ITS AT 3.79.WE ALSO HAVE AN INDIAN GAS STATION HERE AND THEY WENT FROM 3.75 TO 3.80 OVER NIGHT.WENT THROUGH VT AND IT VARIED FROM 3.55-3.69.IN NEW HAMPSHIRE WAS ALLMOST THE SAME AS VT.GAS PRICES ARE HURTING US (LITTLE FOLKS)AND THE OLDER FOLKS.AND ALLSO PEOPLE WITH FIXED INCOME.WHEN IS IT GOING TO END?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 AM
B&C 180 Class

what those people are doing is illegal and you should turn them in.in NY they gave us a number to call the attorny general to report price gougers.just like poachers dont turn a blind eye TURN EM IN
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky