Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Ohio Grass Man (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/2364-ohio-grass-man.html)

timberghost 09-04-2008 10:33 PM

Ohio Grass Man

I just watched a documentary on the History Channels "Monster Quest" of the Ohio Grass Man. Any Ohioans have info or stories?

Rozman62 09-05-2008 11:43 AM

I seen this last month. We are waiting on Hunting Man from Ohio to post up some pics.

muleskinner 09-05-2008 04:41 PM

This is very true. I have seen a few in my younger days. My cousin calls them Malcom stretchers because one caught his cat Malcom and streched it out and pounded it flat. They really use there suroundings to hind. In the neighbor hood I grew up in they would come out at night and hind behind telephone poles as I walked down the road I could hear them behind the poles ready to pounce on me. They are excellant swimmers as well. Everytime I would sneak into Loyal Oak Lake to take a swim I had to becareful not to get to close to the docks because that is where they hid in order to ambush me, grab me by my ankles, drag me to the depths of the lake to eat me. One funny thing about it, I have never seen or heard one since becomeing an adult:biggrin:

buck_buster22 09-05-2008 07:46 PM

Yep

I might be just a kid wondering around the woods with a 30-30 looking for deer. but here in east texas theres somthing called "the sabine thing" that wonders around the woods here and.........well call me crazy but i have saw somthing resembling the "bigfoot" on tv more than once while squirrel hunting about 3 miles from my house. it scared the crap out of me and my little brother and i havent been back to that particular spot without my dad or grandpa with me. like i said i might be just a kid:rolleyes:but I NO WHAT I SAW!!!!!! and also make fun of me all u want i no what i saw and i dont care what anybody says.

Hunting Man 09-05-2008 09:26 PM

Everytime I try to run the photo's everythings there except the grass man. I've run into these guys several times and its always in dark timber or just when your squeezing through a rock formation and can't move you look ahead and presto there he is. I'm sure there are several names for them as everyone seems to spot them across the country. I get the creepy feeling when i come across a dead carcess and it seems only the neck was broken, and other animals won't touch it, you got to wonder. Ever pause in your stand and realize nothings moving, no sounds stillness that sends the hairs on the back of your neck straight out!:confused:

Buckshot 09-06-2008 08:46 AM

Around here we have "Green eyes" the gost of a confederate soldier killed in the battle of Chickamauga. The girls would always snugle in a little closer when we took them down to the battlefield and told the stories.:wink:

Southern Man 09-06-2008 04:41 PM

OK I'll bite...What's a grass man?

buck_buster22 09-06-2008 07:05 PM

like a bigfoot

i saw the same Monsterquest episode. its supposed to be sumthin like a bigfoot.

Southern Man 09-06-2008 08:17 PM

Whatever happened to those guys down in Georgia (I think) that had one in a frezzor?

East Texas Droptine 09-06-2008 08:20 PM

It was a hoax -- they used a suit and placed other animal insides on top of the suit and used a slice of bologna for the tongue:green::crazy: