Deer Hunting Forums banner

i got published

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
well just a statement i made is in the gear issue of deer and deer huntingJOEL

Status: offline a scrapeline is just one piece of the deer puzzle.if ya find a good one chances are it will be used year in year out .i hunt near them not on them.and those scent drippers do work and if you make a good mock scrape under it even better.i use em and i always find tracks in them,it does a good job of keeping them in the area.once the real does go into heat all bets are off

the spirt of the wild....... it will cleanse the soul

#2 ·
No question scrapelines are the real deal. If you have the patience the buck will show up. I like to make a scrape close to the origional and also use buck urine on both to entice the scrape maker to show up. Doe in estrus can really help especially when used during the high point of the rut. If there aren't a lot of does bucks have to travel to find them and does will leave their calling card at the scrape. The more does the less scrapes are used as there is no reason to advertise everybody is busy. Scrapelines are a great subject joel!

#4 ·
I was on vacation last week in Virginia and picked up the mag and read cover to cover twice by the pool. I do recall reading that excerpt...honest! That is awesome. If I told my wife that I chatted on line with the source author she most likely would have thrown me in the pool...She is not eaxactly in favor of all my hunting.

#7 ·
Not so much the hunting time in the fall it is the scouting time I put in. She states that deer season is really like 9 months long for me. I denied it for a long time but it's true. I confess, I am addicted to hunting whitetails. I white lied for awhile and told her I was hiking but really scouting and she caught on pretty quickly.

I was in Front Royal VA last week watching my son play baseball.

Btw - Joel's excerpt is on page 101. I am now his new talent agent.

#8 ·
your check for 10% is in the mail:wink:

#10 ·
welcome to the site introduce yerself to the group:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.