Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Doc visit (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/1747-doc-visit.html)

Hunting Man 04-01-2008 12:49 AM

Doc visit

Well, after the doctor visit yesterday, April 24th is S-Day. Remove 2 disks in the neck, fuse 3 vertebra using titanium plates. We can rebuild him, we can make him stronger, not the 6 million dollar man but probably 30-K. I have read other's postings regarding back issues and the pros and cons of surgery, but in my case preservation of the spinal cord is necessary. If I am to continue to enjoy hunting/fishing and life then this is the current best fix. Prognosis: better than 50% chance of less pain, definately less neck up/down movement, bummer have little now, spinal cord issue over, hopefully, the right decision? Time will tell!:crybaby:

ronn 04-01-2008 06:33 AM

Good luck with that. Are you going to make it out this season? Is it going to be all squared away by then? I hope so. yeah I've heard its a 50/50 proposition when it comes to getting rid of the pain. Maybe it'll help with me being less of a pain in your neck. lol I guess the Drs have gotten real good at fixing these things now. good luck

Hunting Man 04-01-2008 07:08 AM

I appreciate your remarks, I too will try to be more civil. Yesterday really sucked. The doc says by mid june things should be ok for work. This takes out all spring food plot work! Pain is one thing, loss of motor control/balance is another. I will be the woods come fall one way or another. Thanks

BruceBruce1959 04-01-2008 08:14 AM

Good Luck with that surgery HuntingMan, The Doctors and modern procedures are quite advanced these days
It's amazing how well they can get us ole' Relics back on track.
And I'm also happy to hear you're holding onto high spirits about getting back into the woods this season,
your strong will and determination will lead the way for you... :thumbup:

Good Luck!

WHITETAILFEVER 04-01-2008 08:47 AM

Good Luck With Your Surgery.hope All Goes Well And You Have A Full Recovery!!

joel the signman 04-01-2008 09:04 AM

good luck I will be undergoing a similar procedure eventually.not looking forward to it but anything has to be better than living with the constant pain.best of luck.Ill be pulling and praying for ya

buckfever 04-01-2008 09:38 AM

Good luck huntingman. Like bruce was saying maybe todays docs and modern equipment can fix you up better than you feel right now. Hope all goes well and keep us posted throughout your surgery.

Buckshot 04-01-2008 01:56 PM

Good luck!

critter gitter 04-01-2008 06:18 PM

good luck with the surgery hope all goes well

timberghost 04-01-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITETAILFEVER (Post 12094)
Good Luck With Your Surgery.hope All Goes Well And You Have A Full Recovery!!

I agree, well said!!!!!!!!!