music - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default music

we touched on music in the camping thread.so i figured we could talk about what we all listen to .Me im a Rock and Roll fan .classic rock,stones ,who ,aerosmith,beatles,dead,yes,floyd etc........I like heavy metal ,metallica,sabbath stp guns and roses. Southern rock and country like lynyrd skynryd,marshall tucker,etc..This morning i just got tickets for kid rock with lynyrd skynyrd with the twisted brown truckers ,peter wolf from J Giels band and Rev Run from Run DMC.This show is at madison square garden on may 15 th .supposed to be 3 hrs long.If you get a chance to hear kid rocks new album "rock and roll jesus " listen to it .its an instant classic
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 02:29 PM

Fleetwood mac, eagles, beatles, csny, ccr, heart, starship, pink floyd, deep purple, Gordon Lightfoot, the who, just a few I like from 60-70's.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
ronn

Like I said I like a lot of different stuff, Americana mostly. I like, kid rock, marshal mathers, Allison krauss, allison moorer, old 97's, almost all southern rock, most of the classic rock, new rock, social distortion, buckcherry, shinny toys guns, nickel creek, the waifs, greencards, bocephus, gary allen, tom petty, and some classical. About the only thing I can't get into is what I call dysfunctional jazz. If I started playing all the music I have for 24/7 it would take weeks to get thur it all.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:01 PM

I just can't get into RAP! I can barley handle country, some of its ok but you can only loose your wife, dog, house, truck, girlfriend ect ect. so many times before enough is enough.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM

Metal: Slipknot, Korn, Slayer, etc. Techno, Drum/Bass, Dance club themes, something you can jam to. I have a whole bunch of those kind of songs in my MP3 player for when I go running and start getting into the ring again. Other than that I can listen to any or all kinds of music but for a very short time.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 PM

how bout a little pickin and grinnin southern gospel. I like any kind of country too, especially the old stuff. Bout the only thing i cant stand is RAP...
Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 PM
B&C 180 Class

buckfever check out rock n roll jesus. got a southern revial style to it
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
B&C 160 Class

Clasic rock, Old country, Bluegrass most listened to CDs Not in any particular order. Tom Petty greatest hits, Allyson Krause and union station live, Lyle Lovett it ain't big it's large (new and very good by the way), CCR, Almon Brothers Filmore east, Old Crow medicine show.

I am going to check out the Kid Rock album, I've never been a big fan of his but I saw him do a show with Hank JR that was great.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 AM
ronn

Buckshot, OCMS version of wagon wheel Think I can listen to JUST that song all day long. you saw kid and bocephus on crossroads, how bout robert plant and allison kruass? that cd is fantastic.

Buckfever, George and Tammys Jet Set was always one of my favs, even as a little kid.

Timberghost, BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA that stuff has a way of getting a hold on ya. A guy I had working for me had a $300 car with bumper held on by a bungee cord and a $2000 sound system in it and techno/dance club was all he listen to. he was a funny guy made me laugh.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 AM

Looks like I could sit along and listen to anyones music selections.. I LOVE all music...

I'm a huge oldies fan but my real love for music stems back to the Doo-Wop, a'capella groups,,,,
In my book, nothing beats a group of harmonic vocalists...
Now That's Music..