Deer Hunting Forums banner

music

9K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Redskin150 
#1 ·
we touched on music in the camping thread.so i figured we could talk about what we all listen to .Me im a Rock and Roll fan .classic rock,stones ,who ,aerosmith,beatles,dead,yes,floyd etc........I like heavy metal ,metallica,sabbath stp guns and roses. Southern rock and country like lynyrd skynryd,marshall tucker,etc..This morning i just got tickets for kid rock with lynyrd skynyrd with the twisted brown truckers ,peter wolf from J Giels band and Rev Run from Run DMC.This show is at madison square garden on may 15 th .supposed to be 3 hrs long.If you get a chance to hear kid rocks new album "rock and roll jesus " listen to it .its an instant classic:wink:

G
#3 ·
Like I said I like a lot of different stuff, Americana mostly. I like, kid rock, marshal mathers, Allison krauss, allison moorer, old 97's, almost all southern rock, most of the classic rock, new rock, social distortion, buckcherry, shinny toys guns, nickel creek, the waifs, greencards, bocephus, gary allen, tom petty, and some classical. About the only thing I can't get into is what I call dysfunctional jazz. If I started playing all the music I have for 24/7 it would take weeks to get thur it all.

#5 ·
Metal: Slipknot, Korn, Slayer, etc. Techno, Drum/Bass, Dance club themes, something you can jam to. I have a whole bunch of those kind of songs in my MP3 player for when I go running and start getting into the ring again. Other than that I can listen to any or all kinds of music but for a very short time.

#7 ·
buckfever check out rock n roll jesus. got a southern revial style to it

#8 ·
Clasic rock, Old country, Bluegrass most listened to CDs Not in any particular order. Tom Petty greatest hits, Allyson Krause and union station live, Lyle Lovett it ain't big it's large (new and very good by the way), CCR, Almon Brothers Filmore east, Old Crow medicine show.

I am going to check out the Kid Rock album, I've never been a big fan of his but I saw him do a show with Hank JR that was great.

G
#9 ·
Buckshot, OCMS version of wagon wheel Think I can listen to JUST that song all day long. you saw kid and bocephus on crossroads, how bout robert plant and allison kruass? that cd is fantastic.

Buckfever, George and Tammys Jet Set was always one of my favs, even as a little kid.

Timberghost, BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA BOOMCHA that stuff has a way of getting a hold on ya. A guy I had working for me had a $300 car with bumper held on by a bungee cord and a $2000 sound system in it and techno/dance club was all he listen to. he was a funny guy made me laugh.

#10 ·
Looks like I could sit along and listen to anyones music selections.. I LOVE all music...

I'm a huge oldies fan but my real love for music stems back to the Doo-***, a'capella groups,,,,
In my book, nothing beats a group of harmonic vocalists...
Now That's Music..

#11 ·
Like a wide range, old foreigner and journey , Hank Jr., Randy Travis, Gretchen Wilson, Ac/DC, Skynard, MeatLoaf, even some M&M. Roberta Flack, Barry White, BoxCar Willy, Not too hot on techno. Rap need not be all about violence and thug life. All depends on my mood and some rappers always put me in a bad one.

#14 ·
The story I read was that Dylan wrote the Phrase in the chorus "Rock me like a wagon wheel, rock me any way you feel" and the verse was written by the singer in OCMS. I think they both have a credit.

I guess I'll have to pick up the new RP & AK CD it can't be bad with those two in it.

#17 ·
Dream on Muleskinner...grins. 70's rock for sure..lol. Classic rock , Southern Rock for me and for time I got hung up on Neil Young, Bob Dylan, John Prine. I like Bluegress too..traditional and contemporary.

G
#19 ·
50's 60's 70's 80's 90's all have stuff I like. Country, southeren rock, hair bands, classic rock, rockabilly, bluegrass, americana from all eras. Just never got into Disco and not into gangsta rap. the greatest era????? when disco died.

#23 ·
i listen to country too.big hank jr fan

#24 ·
well it looks like i'm the first guy on here that likes rap music, i will listen to almost anything that i can hear except for most country and classical music but i like classic rock, metal, rap, alternative, r & b, hip hop, can't live w/out my ipod all of the time, carry it with me wherever i go

#25 ·
thats ok we'll let you hang around anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.