Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Camping (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/1698-camping.html)

Buckshot 03-18-2008 07:59 PM

Camping

Anybody doing any camping? Getting a late start here getting our plans together but hoping we will still get to go despite the high price of gas.

Looking at annual trips to Smokemont and Elkmont in the Smokies (prettiest camp grounds you ever saw), Long branch on the Caney Fork, a trip up to Tellico maybe Indian Boundary(those mountains are just good for what ails ya), The Obey river below Dale Hollow is a definite and I can't leave out the Clinch river below Norris Lake. All great trout fisheries.

That should wrap up the spring, for the summer we'll leave the big camper on Chickamauga lake and fish for those 100 lb cat fish. And drink lots of beer and pick till our fingers bleed.

Well I feel better now that I have a plan:w00t:

ronn 03-18-2008 09:01 PM

sounds like a great plan and an awesome time..... i hope its stringed instruments. lol

timberghost 03-18-2008 09:08 PM

You said it ronn, have a great time Mr. Buckshot.

Hunting Man 03-18-2008 09:49 PM

buckshot enjoy, you've given me some ideas for future camping trips.:coffee:

buckfever 03-19-2008 09:38 AM

No camping as of yet buckshot. My family and a friends family are going to stay in the smokey mts next week though. We rented us a cabin and got plans of sitting around and doing not much of anything. Its a far cry from camping though.. The cabin is more like a house. Matter fact its alot nicer than my house. Ill add a link and yall can check it out.

Chateau Bearden - Overnight Cabin Rental in Tennessee

Buckshot 03-19-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronn (Post 11331)
sounds like a great plan and an awesome time..... i hope its stringed instruments. lol

:lol: Now that's funny. Yea we can really get the dogs howling sometimes.

Buckshot 03-19-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckfever (Post 11340)
No camping as of yet buckshot. My family and a friends family are going to stay in the smokey mts next week though. We rented us a cabin and got plans of sitting around and doing not much of anything. Its a far cry from camping though.. The cabin is more like a house. Matter fact its alot nicer than my house. Ill add a link and yall can check it out.

Chateau Bearden - Overnight Cabin Rental in Tennessee

Looks like a great time.

Buckshot 03-19-2008 10:49 AM

I would be interested in hearing about some of the out of the way camping sites you guys might know about. I am trying to collect info for the time the wife and I say enough and hit the road. We can go with or with out hook ups. Some of our favorite spots are primitive with no organized camp just pull in and set up and usually free. I have a small 12' camper for the back in the mountains camping.

ronn 03-19-2008 11:10 AM

That's one of the things I miss about the south. Having been raised in Pulaski TN seems like you couldn't swing a dead chicken without hitting someone that could play music on something.

joel the signman 03-19-2008 11:21 AM

i try to combine my hunting trips with camping.you save money camping at a state park as opposed to a motel