Camping - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
B&C 180 Class

i said to each his own
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 01:25 PM
ronn

Yeah I read that and i agree to each there own. What? You don't watch South Park? In reference to Cartman. I said it was me just babbling. I just put that out there for people to think about. There are a lot of closed minded people out there, not saying you, and hanging with people that think differently than I do gives me insight to a different way of looking at things. sometimes I have to adjust my way of thinking a little and sometimes it just confirms what I already thought. It also gives them a way of looking at things from another angle. I've hung out with city people and I mean CITY people, NY, Baltimore, Paris, DC, that have never been out in the country and I've found that some are afraid of the dark. They can't believe it gets that dark at night. Just an observation. In any case, I'll bet the music would be good.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:39 PM
B&C 160 Class

It does attract alot of hippie types and yes it is one big party. BUT that is why I would go with the VIP and the RV camping I think you could avoid a lot of that stuff.

There are so many bands there besides the headliners that are good and will be well known in the future, many times at a festival like this the side stages are some of the better ones.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
B&C 180 Class

i saw that metallica was playing thats what got me interested in it
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
ronn

Me, I'm all over the map when it comes to music. I can go from Jonny Cash to Pink to Allison Krassus to buckcherry to Crooked Still to Aerosmith. Most of the music I have most people have never heard of. Old 97's, Wrinkle neck Mules, Drive by truckers, cowboy junkies. I Love music. so to keep it related to the thread. camping at an event like Bondaroo would be a good time.

Last edited by ronn; 03-20-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
B&C 180 Class

Bonnaroo here ya go everything you need to know
Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
ronn

Hey thanks. Someday maybe. But for now if I have the ware with all to go there, I'm going hunting instead.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 AM

We've been really busy lately shopping for a camper so this thread has been teasing me for sure.
We finally decided on the one we think is best for us.
It's a 2008 30' Zinger ZT26RL Here's a SlideShow link to some Stock photo's..
We're picking it up tomorrow.. I can hardly wait to get camping now..

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 AM

Sounds and looks like a sweet camper bruce. Must be nice to be retired. (only 30 more yrs for me)

P.S. If any of yall every decide to camp at bonnaroo let me know. Thats right in my neck of the woods. I drive thru the traffic every year on my way to work.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 PM
B&C 160 Class

Bruce that looks great! Roughing it will never be the same.:)

What kind of hitch set up are you looking at?