Deer Hunting Forums banner

Lower gas prices!

10K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  jay.robinson15 
#1 ·
I just got an email idea on how we might be able to get gas prices lower. If you'll recall, just about a year ago there was a letter going around suggesting that we all stop buying gas on a certain day. Not a very good or effective idea because what we didn't but that day, we just bought the next day. This idea is different. Basically, we still buy gas that we need, but just don't buy it from the three biggest companires, Exxon, Mobil and Citco. If we can GET them, they will have to lower their prices and, as always, the others would then follow suit. I'm not one for forwarding emails "chain" essages, and usually don't, but this gas thing is getting out of hand. We are paying through the nose and the oil barons are making BILLIONS in profits! Anyway, I've gotten on the bandwagon on this one. If you get the email, give it some thought, it just might work!

#29 ·
Yea its the hydrogen that is separated from the water (H2O) and burns for combustion with only water vapor as an exhaust. Imagine that, then we'd probably end up with a tropical rain forrest from all the water emissions. You'd go to the water pumps to fill up and water would cost 4 bucks a gallon and we'd be complaining. Somewhere there is a balance, wish they'd hurry up I need gas today!

#30 ·
hydrogen fuel cells are allready woking in the prototypes.

#31 ·
of course its the japanese car companys

G
#32 · (Edited)
We did the break the molecule down thing in high school. took more energy to break it apart than you get out of it. This was different. Something to do with radio frequencies and cancer research. They got WATER TO BURN. It may have been salt water. Although I'm sure the hydrogen had some thing to do with it. They were going to the feds with it. Haven't heard a peep since. It was in the Yahoo news thingy a few months ago. The byproduct of breaking down H2O and burning the H is O2. Terrible thing to produce Oxygen isn't it? I kinda use it everyday. I think I'll check and see where it all went.

Well I couldn't find word one about it. So I guess I was wrong when I thought I read the article and then read it to my wife. HUH?

#33 ·
Slight difference between a hydrogen fuel cell car, and a water separation combustion engine. The fuel cell cars are filled much like a propane cylinder requiring frequent fillings, but reduced emissions. The water separation system is done continuously as you drive, thereby eliminating fuel stations. This will be the wave of the future when it happens. I would assume the petroleum industry isn't too eager to see this system work! I have recently heard of a compressed air engine that uses high air pressure stored in a tank on the car. It requires an at home high output air compressor to fill the tank. A prototype has been completed and works! The vehicle ran around 40 mph but I cannot remember the travel distance, but it was impressive for an air driven car. I travel 6.5 miles round trip for work, this would be great.

G
#34 ·
Interesting idea that air car. Eat your Wheaties cause like most alternative fuels like that it still takes energy to get the fuel. it this case compress the air. Like electric cars electricity got to come from somewhere. Coal, Nukes, Solar, Dams, somewhere.

#38 ·
This all reminds me of that TV show .That 70's show.All the stoners are around the circle and hyde always says"they got this car man that runs on water"But GM killed him.The hydrogen fuel cell is real.Look it up .Its the future.The problem with Hydrogen or electric is it still needs a power source to charge it.America has lots of coal.Lots of reserves of it too.The average person is ignorant(not you ronn or anyone else who may think im implying something) They are content to go about their lives buying processed meat spending way too much at the mall for "stuff"Those of us who hunt/fish /trap who put food on our table with our own hands no how to survive.The "ignorant" never spent a sunrise in the stand or tracking blood spots on their hands and knees .So all i know is WE all know how to survive and take care of our own.So lets put this to bed .I understand now why the original rules were to not talk about anything cept hunting.Me i figure long as we all act like adults we can discuss what ever we want .If anyone has a personal problem with another member ,talk in PM .Well i got more to say but thats enough for now.Carry on

G
#39 ·
This is the camp fire and its why its here for non-hunting related topics. And its a good one, an important one. We need to not be judgemental and no name calling. This topic affects us and those that have never given it a thought. yes it has morphed from the original post but big deal, maybe its grown and gotten better. we all come from different backgrounds and someone may say something here might just shed a little new light on something we thought we knew all about. or not.

#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.