Deer Hunting Forums banner

What is everyone doing?

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
been busy snow removing & the last week water removal this spring is lookingh like it will be as bad as winter was just can't wait for the snow to vanish some so I can get out looking for sheds & do some Turkey scouting

#4 ·
Hope all this snow is gone before our season starts
gonna be a few week before I can even get out & scout unless this better weather holds up

#6 ·
I agree Bruce
The few deer I have seen the last few weeks don't look good
Turkeys in my area seem to be ok haven't left the front lawn bird feeders all winter same houses day after day

#7 ·
I think Spring has sprung here. It's been mid-40's and sunny for a week now. Skunk cabbage buds coming up already. I got the post-winter service done on two of the rigs this weekend as the ground was finally decent to lay on and the cement pad wasn't wet.

#9 ·
We've been fighting upper respiratory infections for about six weeks.My right ear is still closed and her voice is just coming back.I could make a joke about that but I won't.We had planned to winter near the kids in Florida.Now,it looks like a spring trip to take the grandsons fishing.Glad to be done with clearing snow.It hit 60 degrees today.

#10 ·
our turkey season was over last week. this week is supposed to be nice for a change. we have been getting a lot of rain the past 2 months and the rainy season aint even here yet. Pollen is droppin from the oak trees like snow and has my allergies going full bore. never got a chance to turkey hunt with all the rain. we got over 3" over the weekend and with already soggy ground its just sitting. the catapillars are starting to come out. will be having to wash the house every week to keep there cacoons off. if you let them sit for some time you cant hardly get them off and sometimes they will take paint with them. with all the rain 3 or 4 of the major rivers around here are at flood stage.

#18 ·
Hellbilly you may have a chance Wiggin game calls is getting caught up with norders he had frozen pipes bust & wrecked his shop this winter so he is behind when he is caught up I will be purchasing a couple more to give away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.