Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Ebay is confusing me, please HELP (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/16010-ebay-confusing-me-please-help.html)

tator 02-24-2014 10:21 PM

Ebay is confusing me, please HELP

SOO, I was on ebay tonight and trying to place a bid on a hunting range finder. When I hit submit bid, this pops up:

It appears this item is restricted for export by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Department of Commerce under the Bureau of Industry (BIS) and Security Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774). ITAR restricted items require an export license granted from the DOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) prior to export. EAR restricted items may or may not require a license, depending on the end user and the ultimate country of destination.

Directing the seller to export without complying with the regulatory licensing and documentation requirements is a violation of United States law. Please consult DDTC’S website at ww.pmddtc.state.gov and BIS’S website at BIS Website for more guidance. Also, please refer to eBay’s Military Items Policy for additional information.

Can anyone help me with this? To me, it seems as though I have to make sure the seller has a proper license to sell this to me? Am I reading that right? :wallbash::wacko::shocking:

tator 02-24-2014 10:22 PM

and by the way.... one range finder was in Illinois and the other was in Ohio,, so it's not like I was trying to buy out of country...

gfdeputy2 02-25-2014 05:07 AM

Tator was there a button that stated agree with terms?
If not contact seller & / or Ebay some gun parts & such it is ilegal to ship out of the US & now to some states may be an error or he has set his shipping to international

BruceBruce1959 02-25-2014 06:53 AM

I think gfd hit it on the head,,, the seller may have made the item available for international purchase.

BruceBruce1959 02-25-2014 07:07 AM

P.S. look for the same item @ Amazon.com, I've been saving a little money by buying from Amazon vs. Ebay
Not on Everything but on most items I look for I'm finding for a little less money.

As an Example, Here's my most recent purchase @ Amazon.com It's in transit as I type...
Superwinch, Terra "4500", Got it on Amazon for $ 204.67 w/Free Shipping :thumbup: Lowest I could find it on ebay was $ 241.53 w/Free Shipping :thumbdown:

It pays to shop around :yes:

gfdeputy2 02-25-2014 07:32 AM

OK Bruce what happened to the other winch LOL

BruceBruce1959 02-25-2014 02:12 PM

Nothing happened to it, I'm going to keep the new Terra 4500 in my Jeep Wrangler, just in case of an emergency.
I'm going to install a Front hitch receiver on the Wrangler so I can use the Winch from the front or back if I ever need to.... :-)

gfdeputy2 02-26-2014 07:15 AM

Oh OK
is a 4500 strong enough for a Jeep?

Hunting Man 02-26-2014 07:51 AM

as long as you're only stuck a little bit...:confused:

BruceBruce1959 02-26-2014 08:36 AM

I think the 4500 will help in an emergency situation like if I slid off the road but I plan on staying on the road,
I'm also thinking it will come in handy for fallen trees or other similar type situations.