Deer Hunting Forums banner

Troubles

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
well been a rough week & next doesn't look good major problems for the ole Pontiac grand Prix just replaced swaybar links water pump, thermostat coolant tubes water pump leaked after install had to get more coolant & new gasket & start all over spent all day yesterday & 3/4's of today fixing it next week is rear caliper, rotors & pads P-Brake cables all 4 tires then to just trade it in 6 months
gotta love it
Car is not neglected these issues actually all happened within the last couple weeks has been a great car overall 157,000 miles & no major repairs must know I am getting rid of her. Just can't wait to get back in a truck

#3 ·
I've had two vehicles in my adult life that once they hit 100,000 miles either the transmission or rear end went completely out. Plus I had a car when I was a teen that when it hit 100,000 miles needed a new engine... that might have been from other reasons though :)

#6 ·
And my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 has 130,000 and the worst I've had to do is replace the steering box once because I screwed up the lower seal replacement and a warped radiator (1 hour replacement job). This truck has been bulletproof.

#5 ·
Have had really good luck with it & none of it (other then mounting & balancing the tires) is stuff I can't do just stinks it happened all at once was supposed to get a truck this spring but pushed it back now that my oldest daughter got accepted to college she was planning to skip a year but nope dad has to try & keep the car running till fall my inspection is due in April so about a grand will go into it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.