ended up getting a Superwinch LT3000
will be installing it on the Honda this weekend
was hoping for an easy swap out but NOT going to happen
this is going to take awhile will post some pics when done
winch does look rugged though

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
Well after 5 hours of install it is hooked up & running
was just enough cable so routing had to be perfect. most of the time was spent laying out the electrical to get it all to fit correctly
wiring instructions could be better just a small diagram but
it is in. I still need to wire the romote ran out of time as it snowed & wanted to plow before it got to cold but I love the handlebar switch
this winch is super quiet & fast
Bruce thaks so much for the info & Recommendation all I have is a iphone pic

#16 ·
so far I love this winch now I just wish I had a heated cab on the wheeler for winters like this make a couple passes & go back inside
maybe I should have built the house closer to the road plowing over 400' of driveway in neg. temps stinks took me most of the day testerday for 3" of snow

#18 ·
HM I was amazed how the Honda Rancher plows & only a 350cc but when it is that cold out it is brutal
May have posted this already but this is a sorm I plowed just after I got the Rancher took less then an hour 410' of driveway turnaround & extra parking areas

#21 ·
well Bruce it has PLENTY of test time on it & works great
fast & quiet just wish I had time to install the remote on it but love the handlebar rocker switch
I do need to adjust the rollers I think the lower may be to tight as the cable is fraying pretty good but since I have got the winch it has to have been up/down at least a hundred thousand times or at least feels that way thumb is now getting sore half way through plowing now
I would Recommend the LT 3000 to anyone looking for a winch (So Far)
need to put it though some other winching scenarios to see how it performs but I am pretty sure it wll surprize me there too

#22 ·
#23 ·
will look into it have a spare 50' cable I bought for my old winch & a 7 footer for plowing should have put that one on live & learn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.