Deer Hunting Forums banner

last hunt

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Looks like I will get two archery hunting days in this weekend in SE Ohio with my son. This will be the last hunting for the season. I will hunt from a ground blind as I wouldn't want to try and climb sticks and use a hang on stand which is already down there. Having another CT scan Thursday to see where all the chest pain is coming from so getting away for a couple of days sounds good to me right now! What's better than hunting with family?:pickle:

#5 ·
BB, yup and son will load it. All I have to do is walk out to the blind and sit and wait... lets me get out of the house and see some deer, hopefully. Also I don't like the son heading down there by himself which he does a few times a year. The only issue is how will the cold affect muscles in the surgery area, guess I will find out. Temps are projected to be in the 20's and mid 30's for the highs. Gotta wash some hunting clothes now,:wallbash:

#6 ·
My guess is your blood is still a little on the thin side so you'll prob. get cold quicker than you normally would. Do you have a heater for the blind? if not, that might be a good item to add for this hunt, I think with the help from a heater you'll be good to go. :wink:

#7 ·
heater is packed and 4 bottles. You know one would think that blood flow would be 90% better to hands and feet after the plugged valve was replaced, not! Some post operation effects have been a puzzle to me like higher blood pressure?? Anyway, I've tried to make sure I can sit two days in a heated blind without any bad results happening. Other than some additional muscle pain from the cold I think I can handle it. No deer dragging...no heavy lifting period. Thanks for all the concerns and suggestions.

#8 ·
Yup body does some weird things a lot of it is just your body going in defensive mode surgery no matter how minor is a shock to the system
Good luck again HM & Have Fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.