Deer Hunting Forums banner

Interesting Story

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pahunter0213 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yeah I was aware of this story a few weeks back but didn't have any solid details on it.
I was born in Newark (general area) that they're referring to and the deer have become especially dangerous to motorists in many of those areas.
It doesn't takle long for Deer to over populate them small land-locked areas...
Sharpshooters??? I hardly think so... they asked for 15 volunteer hunters, who were trained over a 2 week period probably by State wildlife officers. here's another Report from the (AP) Associated Press When I first became aware of it I thought, maybe I should Volunteer, but then I thought, there's going to be Protestors galore ... :ph34r:

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Man i think this is great. I live between the illinois and mississippi rivers(i hunt on the illinois river in cass county,IL and in pike county, IL), so i can relate to the dangers white tail present to drivers. Hit a doe last yeat actually. Bigger populations of deer will more than likley create widespread disease. In this case, they are able to produced mass mounts of (delicious) food for people that need it. As long as they dont over kill, this is a great plan.

I would say to heck with the protestors and get out there and tag one. Tell them to tell thier city/state to quit the urban sprawl bullcrap and leave some room for mother nature and her pets, so we can all live together sustainably

#5 ·
There's a program the DEC runs up here in the northern suburb of Buffalo called Amherst. It's done in a neighborhood area similar to Buckfevers link. It's a high class, ritzy area full of expensive cars and pretty landscaped homes. Well the DEC has it's own officials who run the "bait and shoot" program and they take a certain number of deer and all the meat is donated to the local food pantries around Buffalo after it's processed. They claim that the deer are overwhelming the communities and over populating the area. I think the deer are just wrecking the rich cars and eating the rich flowers and the people can't handle it.

#6 ·
Well I agree with the hunt. I think that the meat being donated to unfortunate families, is an awesome idea. I just wonder if it would have been possible that instead of sharpshooters, why couldn't they use archers. I have seen far less arrows deflect off of rocks than bullets. And if they are hunting over bait, I am sure it couldn't be that hard. Not to mention less meat damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.