Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ya'll Northerners will laugh

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
ok I was heading to work tonight while we had just a little snow falling. There may have been a quarter inch sticking to the grass, roads were very clear. Well all these folks around here that have never seen snow were tripping out. They were driving around 20 miles an hour in a 55 zone, hitting their brakes every 2 secs, and just driving plain ol scared. I leave in plenty of time for work but am starting to worry since these people are slow movin it. Then I come upon a wreck and the cops have all the traffic stopped. I dont know how these people ended up in the ditch. I figure they were acting crazy or just trying to slide or something. I dont know but after those other drivers saw that they slowed down to about 10 mph. I bet every gallon of milk in this whole area was sold out!!

Oh yeah I got on a back road and was trying to slide and couldn't even do it.

#2 ·
were. supposed to get some snow tonight glad you guys arent round here.i could imagine what a foot of snow would do to yall:lol::lol::lol::lol:

#3 ·
Camp story

Here is a bit of camp humor: a few years back one of our hunting buddies brought a brand new pair of Browning insulated boots to camp, I think his wife paid $150.00 for them. Well he had got them pretty wet on the outside and set them by the fireplace to dry. Yep, soon the air was thick with burning leather. He had burned the toes right out of them. He went to town and bought a cheap pair to finish the week out. As soon as I got home I bought a pair of boots in his size carefully cut the toe areas out and installed hinges on the cutouts so they would flap up and down. I sealed the box up and we gave them to him in front of the whole camp. We all laughed so hard most of us we're on the floor. We have them mounted on the mantel. Now that's funny! How about you guys any good stories?

#4 ·
If it gets too bad down there in Tenn. I'll grab a few friends with Plowing ATVs and we'll go open them roads for you folks..:biggrin: :biggrin:

It's snowing right now here in Vermont, I'll have to plow my driveway before I head out to the Sports show this afternoon, So far we have about an inch of new snow on the ground but we're suppose to get 10 inches I think..

#5 ·
another camping story

I think it was a family reunion camping trip, but we were all sitin around the camp fire and most were drunk and my uncle ray fell asleep. Well as he was siting there asleep in the chair he started shivering, so hed reach down around his feet and feel for his blankets (and i guese he found some invisable ones or something cus he didnt have any) but hed grab em and pull em up around his neck and curl up with this blanket. well there really wasnt a blanket so in about five minutes he would get cold again so he would look for his blankets, pull em up around his neck and get all comfy again. This whole time hes asleep and were all laghing at him. So after he did that three or four times a couple of guys gently picked him up chair and all and walked him out into the lake and set him down where the water was just touchin the seat of the chair. Sure enough he got cold and reached for his blankets but he woke up when he stuck his hands in the water. He jumped out of his chair cusin and holerin at all of us. And all of us are just about to die laghin.

#7 ·
we get an ice storm at least once a year.everything is coated in ice.Now thats slippery :wink:

#8 ·
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Foxworthy on Upstate New York:

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by
drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there
all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might
live in Upstate New York.

If you're proud that your region makes the national
news 96 nights a year because Saranac Lake is the
coldest spot in the nation, and Syracuse gets more snow than any other
major city in the US, you might live in Upstate, NY.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from October
through May, you might live in Upstate New York

If you get 131 inches of snow in a week and you comment that 'winter's finally here',
you might live near Oswego in Update New York

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six
months out of the year, you might live, bundled up, in Upstate New York.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you
assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Upstate NY.

If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around
the middle of his forehead, you might live in Upstate
New York.

If you have worn shorts and a parka on the same day,
you might live in Upstate New York.

If you have had a lengthy phone conversation with
someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in
Upstate New York.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE UPSTATE NEW YORKER WHEN:

"Vacation" means going South past Syracuse for ! the
weekend.

You measure distance in hours.

You know several people who have hit a deer more than
once.

You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day
and back again.

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a
raging blizzard, without flinching.

You install security lights on your house and garage
and leave both unlocked.

You carry jumper cables in your car and your
girlfriend/wife knows how to use them.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a
snowsuit.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes
are filled with snow.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still
winter, and road construction.

You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

Down South to you means Corning.

Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new shed !

You go out for a fish fry every Friday.

Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

You find 10 degrees "a little chilly."

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
yeah heres a little something we do to our hunting buddies from the citys when they come to camp here in maine.we stop for our grub at the store before we go in the woods its a long ways in.anyway i get a big bag of raisenets.we was driving and looking for tracks in the snow,saw somw stop got out and i said to my hunting buddy who was in on it hay thats a nice track lets get on it and try to jump shoot it.our city boy was right on our heels.i took some raisenets out tossed them in the snow,my good friend said hay dan stop look here,bends over picks the raisenets up smells it and says smells like a big buck,ate them and said it is so i ate some and said yup he went through about an hour ago,our city boy was like oh my god you guys are sick thats nasty i aint eating any deer poop i dont care what you say.lol it was so dang funny we was rolling on the ground for an hour we still laugh about it at camp.try it to someone sometime you wont beleave the laughs youll get

#14 ·
thats a classic i've done it myself on unsuspecting friends:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.