Early Reports? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Default Early Reports?

Just wondering how everyone has been doing so far. Here in NW Ohio the weather has been warm and I haven't heard of many deer being taken by archers. This weekend is a 2-day ML hunt for does only statewide. On the 16th I go in for an internal heart evaluation and depending on the outcome determines the rest of my fall hunting season. Hopefully, they say I can go another year before I need a new valve installed.... Not looking forward to any major parts replacement on the main pumper just yet.
* health care costs are nasty. I've had 3 non-invasive scans and the bills are over 14K so far. Under obama care they would have just offered the red or blue pill.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 AM

We keep you in our prayers HM and hopefully the Doc's can keep you at a steady 98.6 and mobile for many, many more hunting seasons..
I've been in the woods just once so far this Bow season, all I did was cough and cough so I figured until the tail end of this cold has gone,
it's probably best for me to stay out of the woods till the coughing ends...
I'm heading out again Sunday morning, we'll see how it goes....

Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 AM
B&C 160 Class

To hot for me so far
Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 AM
B&C 180 Class

I've been 4 times already, seen some deer, but no shooters yet. Hoping to go out this afternoon if the thunderstorms hold off. Getting pumped for firearms season which starts in about a month.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 AM
B&C 120 Class

Hunting Man- 8 years ago I had open heart surgery to repair a mitral valve and a coronary by-pass.The rehab took 10 weeks and since then I've been very active.It was definitely worth it.I'm 70 and feel like 40.Looking forward to every deer season.If all you need is a valve repair,they can do it with a small incision.I had open heart because the coronary was 80% blocked.

Last edited by 3212; 10-12-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Add more information
Old 10-12-2013, 06:48 PM

The aortic valve is blocked for sure. Doc has said that full open chest surgery would be needed if the blockage is too bad. Right now after doing things like mowing the grass chest feels like someone put an air compressor in it. If the valve is real bad, a new surgery date will be scheduled. I think Dec 12th would be a good date. All that I would miss is late ML season. With all my deductables met for 2013, surgery would have to be before Dec 31st. Pig valve is the replacement part. I hope if one is needed a good strong boar is the donor , I can't see me with a sow part......
Son is going down to S. Ohio next weekend to try to take the 150 class buck he has on camera. There are several shootable bucks and I've never been too particular when it comes to freezer meat.