Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (
-   The Campfire (
-   -   Early Reports? (

Hunting Man 10-12-2013 07:16 AM

Early Reports?
Just wondering how everyone has been doing so far. Here in NW Ohio the weather has been warm and I haven't heard of many deer being taken by archers. This weekend is a 2-day ML hunt for does only statewide. On the 16th I go in for an internal heart evaluation and depending on the outcome determines the rest of my fall hunting season. Hopefully, they say I can go another year before I need a new valve installed...:crybaby:. Not looking forward to any major parts replacement on the main pumper just yet.
* health care costs are nasty. I've had 3 non-invasive scans and the bills are over 14K so far. Under obama care they would have just offered the red or blue pill. :yucky:

BruceBruce1959 10-12-2013 07:31 AM

We keep you in our prayers HM and hopefully the Doc's can keep you at a steady 98.6 and mobile for many, many more hunting seasons..
I've been in the woods just once so far this Bow season, all I did was cough and cough so I figured until the tail end of this cold has gone,
it's probably best for me to stay out of the woods till the coughing ends...
I'm heading out again Sunday morning, we'll see how it goes....

delbert 10-12-2013 07:56 AM

To hot for me so far

tator 10-12-2013 08:09 AM

I've been 4 times already, seen some deer, but no shooters yet. Hoping to go out this afternoon if the thunderstorms hold off. Getting pumped for firearms season which starts in about a month.

3212 10-12-2013 09:14 AM

Hunting Man- 8 years ago I had open heart surgery to repair a mitral valve and a coronary by-pass.The rehab took 10 weeks and since then I've been very active.It was definitely worth it.I'm 70 and feel like 40.Looking forward to every deer season.If all you need is a valve repair,they can do it with a small incision.I had open heart because the coronary was 80% blocked.

Hunting Man 10-12-2013 06:48 PM

The aortic valve is blocked for sure. Doc has said that full open chest surgery would be needed if the blockage is too bad. Right now after doing things like mowing the grass chest feels like someone put an air compressor in it. If the valve is real bad, a new surgery date will be scheduled. I think Dec 12th would be a good date. All that I would miss is late ML season. With all my deductables met for 2013, surgery would have to be before Dec 31st. Pig valve is the replacement part. I hope if one is needed a good strong boar is the donor :w00t::lol:, I can't see me with a sow part......:yucky::mad:
Son is going down to S. Ohio next weekend to try to take the 150 class buck he has on camera. There are several shootable bucks and I've never been too particular when it comes to freezer meat.

3212 10-13-2013 08:15 AM

Good luck with your hunt and your surgery.I went hunting when I probably should not have in Nov. and Dec.I had surgery in January.I had good insurance,luckily.The bill was $50,000,my portion was $900.

tator 10-13-2013 08:58 PM

Praying for you HM. Hopefully the blockage will go away and everything will clear up. I like your optimism though!

3212 11-05-2013 09:09 PM

For the early deer report,2 adult does down,meats in the freezer.1 buck tag and 1 doe tag left.

delbert 11-06-2013 05:53 AM

I have seen two good shooter bucks, close but no shot yet
Little del stuck a good 9 pt last sunday
Slug hunt this weekend will be a good time for us

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome