Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Under Armour (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/14066-under-armour.html)

tator 10-06-2013 05:45 PM

Under Armour

I realize UA clothing and hunting gear is EXPENSIVE, but that old saying "you get what you pay for" is true with this brand. I do not have any cold-gear camo in UA but let me tell you what, their clothing line is about as comfortable as it gets. I have a light weight camo shirt I wear for bow hunting and/or turkey hunting and I have 3 UA cold gear compression tops as my base layers. I also have 3 pairs of the compression bottoms. I realize the cold gear camo pants and coats are up there in price... but seriously, I would have to say they are probably worth it. Will I be buying any of it? Probably not anytime soon, but I strongly believe it is superior to anything else.

Now that said, I was thoroughly disapointed today when I went to Bass Pro wanting to buy a fitted, camo UA hat they had ABSOLUTELY NONE. I about fell over in disbelief. ALL their UA hats were extremely thin in material and had snap back (I hate snap back hats). Supposedly that's what UA is going to this year is what the boy told me there are BP. BIG MISTAKE if you ask me.

turner 10-07-2013 11:03 AM

I don't have a lot of UA stuff, but do have a pair of light gloves from them that I love. They get worn pretty much every day that I deer hunt, from warm October days to the coldest January ones (under heavier gloves). I am prolly due to but another set as they have been repaired about three times where they've ripped a bit.

gfdeputy2 10-07-2013 11:52 AM

I have a ton of UA warm & cold gear I love them we have UA outlet stores here & at the end of the season I buy what I can it is usually costs less then 1/2 the retail price

tator 10-07-2013 10:14 PM

I have a lot of UA polo shirts and shorts and they are the most comfortable clothing made. Gfd...I'm like you...I wait until the stuff goes on a sale and then buy it up. I have found a lot of it at Marshall's which is a clothing store where they sell recalled items or factory closeouts/overruns.

gfdeputy2 10-08-2013 04:45 AM

yup we have a few of those stores here too
My wife & kids take a weeks vacation to her Brothers at end of the winter up to northern NH the UA outlet is right down the road she used to ask every year if I needed any more stuff from them Now she dosent ask she just comes home with bags full

Hunting Man 10-08-2013 08:45 AM

I bought a pair of UA 800 gr hunting boots at Bass Pro only because they were marked way down, I'll let you know how they perform.

Scorpion8 10-08-2013 10:29 AM

Not a fan of UA stuff here. I have one of their hooded sweatshirts and it is lousy. You sweat inside the thing so much that you can't wear it outside or you get chilled. I've looked over their shoes at Sportsmans Warehouse and they look just like another me-too-made-by-somebody-else fare. Just seems like more hype than substance.