Deer collisions - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Default Deer collisions

I was watching the nightly news a second ago and it said there were over 1.5 million deer collisions reported last year. Thats a lot. More than drunk driving or weather related accidents. And there are Americans that do not want folks to hunt deer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
B&C 140 Class

Makes sense don't it
Old 01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
B&C 100 Class

hey i just saw that on my news too lol.. thats nuts!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter gitter View Post
Makes sense don't it
it makes sense. but if we wernt alowed to hunt deer then there would be over population, and that causes sickness, starvation, and two or three times as many deer colissions. which causes me to believe that some states or countries should have people hunting seasons.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
B&C 180 Class

the deer/car collisions is one of the strongest arguments i use when trying to explain hunting to non hunters
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 01-11-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
the deer/car collisions is one of the strongest arguments i use when trying to explain hunting to non hunters

I Just tell them to get out my face until they grow a brain cell....
PETA would rather see people Die in auto accidents than to have hunters manage the Game populations, just more proof of what few brain cells they share within the entire PETA organization...

Old 01-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Scrub Buck

Some just dont understand the importance of keeping the nubers managed. I would much rather Hunt them rather then hit them with my vehicle
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
B&C 100 Class

January 12 2006 I was riding home on my 2006 HD streetglide and hit a doe at about 75mph.
The deer exploded and myself the motorcycle and what was left of the deer skid 213ft before we stoped.
From that day on I swore that if I had a tag in my pocket no doe would ever walk under my stand again and walk away unharmed if I could help it. I was luckey. During the summer I read every week where a deer kills a rider or passenger. The non hunting public just wont understand untill it hits home (literely) .
I just thank GOD that my wife wasnt on back at the time.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

they dont seem to realize that if we dont hunt them. then the population will be so much larger that the nuber of deer/car accidents will skyrocket. at least 300%. not to menton the sickness, starvation, effect on cfarmers crops, and much more. i agree they just need a brain cell. but cranalrectumitus causes brain cells to die so . . . .
Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
I Just tell them to get out my face until they grow a brain cell....
PETA would rather see people Die in auto accidents than to have hunters manage the Game populations, just more proof of what few brain cells they share within the entire PETA organization...
i dont meen peta types just nonhunters.there are lots of people who dont hunt but arent against it.those are the people i was refering too.possible future hunters or landowners who may give permission.i read a article awhile back that said something to the effect"we need to show the non hunting public the positive aspects of hunting so they dont become anti hunting.ther is a difference between not hunting and anti hunting
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky