Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Deer collisions (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/1402-deer-collisions.html)

buckfever 01-10-2008 05:55 PM

Deer collisions

I was watching the nightly news a second ago and it said there were over 1.5 million deer collisions reported last year. Thats a lot. More than drunk driving or weather related accidents. And there are Americans that do not want folks to hunt deer. :coffee:

critter gitter 01-10-2008 06:14 PM

Makes sense don't it

burgerking 01-10-2008 06:18 PM

hey i just saw that on my news too lol.. thats nuts!

stjones1102 01-10-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critter gitter (Post 8493)
Makes sense don't it

it makes sense. but if we wernt alowed to hunt deer then there would be over population, and that causes sickness, starvation, and two or three times as many deer colissions. which causes me to believe that some states or countries should have people hunting seasons.

joel the signman 01-10-2008 07:15 PM

the deer/car collisions is one of the strongest arguments i use when trying to explain hunting to non hunters:yes:

BruceBruce1959 01-11-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joel the signman (Post 8498)
the deer/car collisions is one of the strongest arguments i use when trying to explain hunting to non hunters:yes:

I Just tell them to get out my face until they grow a brain cell....
PETA would rather see people Die in auto accidents than to have hunters manage the Game populations, just more proof of what few brain cells they share within the entire PETA organization...

jonesy 01-11-2008 05:28 AM

Some just dont understand the importance of keeping the nubers managed. I would much rather Hunt them rather then hit them with my vehicle :yes:

Berk 01-11-2008 09:17 AM

January 12 2006 I was riding home on my 2006 HD streetglide and hit a doe at about 75mph.
The deer exploded and myself the motorcycle and what was left of the deer skid 213ft before we stoped.
From that day on I swore that if I had a tag in my pocket no doe would ever walk under my stand again and walk away unharmed if I could help it. I was luckey. During the summer I read every week where a deer kills a rider or passenger. The non hunting public just wont understand untill it hits home (literely) .
I just thank GOD that my wife wasnt on back at the time.

stjones1102 01-11-2008 12:08 PM

they dont seem to realize that if we dont hunt them. then the population will be so much larger that the nuber of deer/car accidents will skyrocket. at least 300%. not to menton the sickness, starvation, effect on cfarmers crops, and much more. i agree they just need a brain cell. but cranalrectumitus causes brain cells to die so . . . .

joel the signman 01-11-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 (Post 8515)
I Just tell them to get out my face until they grow a brain cell....
PETA would rather see people Die in auto accidents than to have hunters manage the Game populations, just more proof of what few brain cells they share within the entire PETA organization...

i dont meen peta types just nonhunters.there are lots of people who dont hunt but arent against it.those are the people i was refering too.possible future hunters or landowners who may give permission.i read a article awhile back that said something to the effect"we need to show the non hunting public the positive aspects of hunting so they dont become anti hunting.ther is a difference between not hunting and anti hunting