Dog Hunting - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:07 PM
B&C 100 Class

Shoot,shovel,shutup
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
B&C 100 Class

in all honesty no matter how much i would like to shoot the dogs i would probobly notify the cops and/or game warden. then if that doesnt resolve it then trap the dogs in a non harming way, and turn them over to the athoritys or pound or whatever. the last thing you want to do it blast a dog that doesnt know better, or go cusin out the guy and fightin over it like some school yard kids. ANYTHING can be handeled in a mature way, as long as someone wants to.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore99 View Post
What would YOU do in this situation--The guy next door to my 160 acre tract is upset I wont let him hunt whenever he pleases--so everytime I go deer hunting (an hour long drive) to the property he waits until I get in my stand and releases 4 of his coon hounds onto my property to raise caine and hoot and holler and ruin the evening hunt--I have called the game warden who stated to take them to a pound where he will have to pay a fee to get the dogs but that is another hour long drive...any suggestions
Let me explain why I would take legal steps first, then why I would shoot the dogs. I don't want anyone thinking I would just enjoy shooting them dogs..
The Legal, sportsman like thing to do is give the guy a warning and hope he complies, Especially after he knows the game wardens wrote up a formal warning.. Now in this case, Kenmore99 says the neighbor waits to release his dogs after he gets on stand,, Come on now , Kenmore is trying to hunt his own land and has every right to do so,, After the guy had warnings from game wardens, If he still insists on releasing those dogs I would without question or hesitation, Absolutely shoot the dogs,, Trust me If it's legal in kenmores area to shoot the dogs after the owner has been warned, that neighbor will surely think twice about releasing them again, He surely doesnt want to lose a dog or 2 Especially after he's spent 1,000 to 1,500 for each dog...
It stinks to have to resort to such harsh tactics like shooting a dog or 2 or even more but kenmore99 should be able to enjoy hunting his own land..

Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Scrub Buck

Thanks for all of the responses and here's the latest--I contacted the game warden again and told him I felt like I was between a rock and hard place in that to corale his dogs and drive to the pound would probably invite a physical confrontation in that his dogs would be yelling in the back of my truck as I had to drive past the red neck's house and I felt there would be a physical confrontation as this red neck is an idiot..the warden contacted the red neck and told him that if he or his dogs set foot on my property he would issue a 150$ trespassing ticket and that the warden himself would randomly be patroling the land. I had quite hunts last Fr and Sat, but the way this guy acts, I think this is something I'll have to deal with as long as I own the land. I'll go the game warden route as long as it works, and go from there.Thanx for the help and understand I have nothing against red necks--I am one--but there are good'uns and bad'uns
Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM

Well lets keep fingers crossed that this is the last time you'll have to deal with that neighbor...

Old 01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
B&C 100 Class

ur lucky, u have a reason to shoot ur neihbors dogs. i wish i had a reason to shoot the ones next door to me!they sit inside thier fence and bark at me if i even just open my back door!