Happy New Year - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default Happy New Year

Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy new year.Me and the wife are heading into NYC to see velvet revolver for the night.word is kid rock and lenny kravitz are supposed to show.should be fun its a smaller ballroom i saw axl/guns and roses there before nice place.If you watch the ball drop you'll see some of the many signs i built or worked on.pretty much everyone thats on the building is one of mine.all the big billboards i drilled the holes in the wall and made and installed all the steel.the numbers on top 2008 i installed them in the past and the structure steel is mine. I felt like bragging a little.hope everyone has a good time and remember to not drink and drive,watch out for the other guy and have a good time.Talk to yall in 2008
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Happy New Year Everyone....Best Wishes for a great 2008
Have fun, Stay healthy & safe most of all No drinking and driving....
Me? I'm bringing in the New Year at home with my Sweetheart Esther,
enjoying homemade Venison Chili and corn muffins made from fresh corn meal..

Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM

Right on everyone have a happy, fun, joyous, festive,celebratious, etc,etc,etc, and SAFE New Year. Now I know why you're the signman Joel, I'll be checking out you're handiwork on the TV tonight.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
B&C 140 Class

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
B&C 120 Class

any new years resolutions heck yea to hunt more ima see your work tonight
Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! HOPE EVERYONE HAD A SAFE ONE!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:44 AM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy new year.Me and the wife are heading into NYC to see velvet revolver for the night.word is kid rock and lenny kravitz are supposed to show.should be fun its a smaller ballroom i saw axl/guns and roses there before nice place.If you watch the ball drop you'll see some of the many signs i built or worked on.pretty much everyone thats on the building is one of mine.all the big billboards i drilled the holes in the wall and made and installed all the steel.the numbers on top 2008 i installed them in the past and the structure steel is mine. I felt like bragging a little.hope everyone has a good time and remember to not drink and drive,watch out for the other guy and have a good time.Talk to yall in 2008
Signman, Happy New Year to you and everyone who uses this site!
And, by the way, being proud of your work (on the signs in Times Square) isn't bragging - it's healthy. As a matter of fact, thanks for making something that means so much to so many people! I know how you feel, as in my business (guitar making) I have made instruments for many of the most famous entertainers in the world - Paul Simon, Tim Mcgraw, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Dolly Parton, Arlo Guthrie, Richie Sambora, Bill Romanowski (although, in his case, he probably just used it to hit someone over the head). I could fill this page with names. It makes me feel proud to see someone like Sheryl Crow on TV playing a guitar that I made - like I'm part of the concert in a small, but important way. Oh, and you mentioned Kid Rock - yeah, I made one for him, too. Actually, I met him when he visited our plant. Well, we're way off the hunting track, but, hey, once in a while... and it IS a holiday! To everyone: Have GREAT YEAR in ALL your endeavors, whatever they may be!
Old 01-01-2008, 03:18 PM
B&C 100 Class

HAPPY 2008
Old 01-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Default OneHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post
Signman, Happy New Year to you and everyone who uses this site!
And, by the way, being proud of your work (on the signs in Times Square) isn't bragging - it's healthy. As a matter of fact, thanks for making something that means so much to so many people! I know how you feel, as in my business (guitar making) I have made instruments for many of the most famous entertainers in the world - Paul Simon, Tim Mcgraw, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Dolly Parton, Arlo Guthrie, Richie Sambora, Bill Romanowski (although, in his case, he probably just used it to hit someone over the head). I could fill this page with names. It makes me feel proud to see someone like Sheryl Crow on TV playing a guitar that I made - like I'm part of the concert in a small, but important way. Oh, and you mentioned Kid Rock - yeah, I made one for him, too. Actually, I met him when he visited our plant. Well, we're way off the hunting track, but, hey, once in a while... and it IS a holiday! To everyone: Have GREAT YEAR in ALL your endeavors, whatever they may be!
OneHorse, Do you mind me asking, what kind of Guitars do you make? and at some point I may ask more questions about Guitars because I'm trying to teach myself to play, not questions about how to play although it would be helpful,, but questions like what to look for when looking for a good quality guitar? stuff like that..
I'm going to be looking for a new (probably Tele) Guitar at some point and some good professional advice would be helpful...
We're in the Campfire Forum and in here we can Discuss anything from Abba's Guitars to ZZ's cars.. lol Guess that covers A to Z ...

Thanks and Have a great day

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
B&C 140 Class

Bruce, I'll get back to you on that soon.