Deer Hunting Forums banner

By the power vested.........

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  daddus1 
#1 ·
after discussions with the mods, in order to dump the pee, I'll send the current 5 winners 3 products, yes that's right, you will receive three pee for free bottles. I have them boxed and will print labels and get them shipped out in a couple of days. I have to figure out how to send them fed -ex, ups?? We still have several bottles to give away, so please get the word out.

#11 ·
honestly I cant stand the smell of Deer pee
I have a very hard time with the smell gutting them
I usually make my bro-inlaw do the gutting
as I am gagging don't know what it is about deer
I have been on many animal vs Car accidents including many a moose
& never bothered me at all but mister you cut open that deer & I am even down wind you would be laughing your backside off at me

#14 ·
LOL I am dead serious though It really hits the gag reflexes bad it doesnt really smell all that nasty just affects me for some reason
I do the Nasties if I have to but if my Bro inlaw is with me he is more then happy to do it so why put myself & everyone else there through my Yacking
it is one thing he has told me since we have hunted together since the late 90's
If I keep putting them down he will keep gutting them. Mostly because he has not taken a deer since we started hunting together & he has a lot of kills under his belt. I have only have had 2 years without getting one since but he knows we split meat 50/50 he does his share thats for sure

Daddus that was funny

#16 ·
yeah I know a little vicks vapor rub under the nose works ok
I now carry it with me it kinda ticks me off I was a darn Firefighter/ EMS for 21 years seen & smelt a lot of nasty stuff never bothered me but the one thing I really love hunting & I have a stupid gag reflex problem
guess it is funny really wish I never brought that up
I think it is time to go hide :bag:

#17 ·
First time my nephew shot a deer I had him do the nasty event. As soon as he opened the cavity and got the release he started the gag thing. Me instructing from up wind just laughed. The only time in well over 40 years of hunting I ever got the gags was about 7 years ago a buddy gut shot a nice buck with a bow. We didn't find it until late the next day. Made the mistake of being down wind on that event and holly cow, it was bad. I think I'll go make a sandwich now.

#18 ·
Ok, why are we not poking fun at GFD right now?!?!? COMON man, a little puke never hurt anyone! haha Joking... :)

I sometimes gag a little bit, but only if I accidentally cut into the intestines or stomach. That is a smell like no other. Over the years I've gotten pretty quick at field dressing a deer. I can usually do it in about 10 minutes. The hardest part is getting the lungs and heart out, everything else is easy and typically falls right out with very little cutting.
HM- I took my nephew last year for the first time ever and we didn't get a deer on that hunt,, but he's going to go with me this year more and I'm going to include him in the gutting process. That's part of it!

Here something strange,,, I don't mind deer pee smell. I know I'm weird. But it doesn't bother me at all.

#19 ·
Tator pee isnt too bad usually the first bottle of the year i open is like WOW but I have gotten used to it
like I said the gutting doesnt bother me & I dont think they stink that bad it just triggers my gag reflex for some strange reason.

And Yes I knew i was going to catch heck for even saying this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.