That didn't go as planned.... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default That didn't go as planned....

While outside this evening playing ball with my son and daughter the neighbor boy comes over with his buddy who is spending the night. They are around 2nd grade or so. Well they informed me that they were going to spend the night camping outside in their back yard in a tent. Well immediately, my mind goes to what I can do to scare the heck out of them when it gets dark. So the next step was how to do this. Then I remembered a gift I got last Christmas. A coyote call with all sorts of distress sounds. So at around 9:30, I ventured outdoors to the edge of the property line and began with a fawn in distress call. Immediately the light in the tent came on. I could hardly contain myself. I waited around 5 minutes and then did it again. This time I heard talking and some yelling. Still laughter filled my soul! But then I made a mistake. I sounded the rabbit in distress call. What happened next did not make me smile nor did it make me happy. I saw this large black object coming my way as I was squatting along the fence row. Once the object got around 30 yards from me, I realized what it was. It was pretty dark, so it wasn't obvious until around 40 yards that it was coming my way. Then my mind remembered that the same neighbors have a Rottweiler....Yes this is the scary part. This Rot is typically very nice and tame because she's an old gal. Well, not tonight. Seems as though she thought she was going to get some good eating's. SO I stand up and yell at her to GET BACK! My heart racing, I clapped, whistled anything to get this dog away. I ventured into my house, laughing but heart racing. While it was funny, I felt as though I could have died tonight. ha.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 PM
B&C 140 Class

Lol, that's the same thinking I get when my son n his friends think they are gonna fish the pond all night or basket ball under the security light.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:32 AM
B&C 100 Class

I've done the Texas chainsaw to my nephew's before.. they don't like spending the night at uncle Joshua's anymore
Old 08-18-2013, 08:32 AM

Funny Tator! I'm not sure who got the last laugh???
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM

Haha wouldn't try that around here neighbors here would shoot 1 st then let the dogs go

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 PM
B&C 180 Class

It definitely got the heart rate up. It was almost surreal because it took me so long to realize there was something coming my way. Then when I knew what it was, the hair on my neck stood up. Not sure who was more scared, me or the dog.